• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Major Spring Storm Puts SV200 Sno Cat To Work

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have been hammered with heavy snow and very strong winds for a couple days. The new to me SV200 was in town getting some welding completed at a business associates place. This morning he used it to find his back door and to open up access to his rental units.

For those of you to the east of me get ready this is a major storm. Most highways in the state of WY and SD are closed with many power outages also. This snow blew in and around the buildings in this pic since Sunday night as the ground was dry at that time. The wind with this storm is vicious. The actual amount of snow is hard to determine with the winds.
IMG_0193.JPG

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife has a friend in SD. The snow drift in her driveway contained her car in it.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We now have the SV200 on the mountain and grooming the moguls out of our 3 mile driveway. It works well for our needs and just needs eome TLC along with a new makeup job to clean her up. Here is a video of how the drag operates to load and unload off the deck:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bjharnish

Here are some pics after I made a pass down the snow trail today and back. It is a lot smoother, faster and now will be much easier on my back. It isn't a Lametrac but the SV200 gets the job done............sorry official groomerguy.....:whistling:
P1010001 (Medium).JPG

P1010012 (Medium).JPG

P1010029 (Medium).JPG

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That sure brings back memories. The first snowcat I ever ran had a drag setup very similar to that. It was a fair bit smaller though being mounted on the back of a bombi. It should suit your purpose just fine smoothing out that access road/trail. Plus, you can now make your own little trail system to your favorite spots.