• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Carpet guy came over this morning to take measurements. The guy was driving a brand new Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi T/A. Now I'm thinking, how much is this carpet going to cost me to pay for that hot rod. Beautiful beast of a car, but I'm thinking if I am going to pay for that bad boy, it can at least be parked in my garage. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy day around here.
Watched some goofy shark movie earlier- Ozark Sharks (painful/baaaad acting) lol

Went and spent some time with an old gal friend whom I went to school with.
Found she lives at the end of this street.

No cooking today. Everyone picked around in the fridge and freezer.
Just threw in a load of laundry.
Did a thorough bath and kitchen clean.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Rough day for me. Barely made it out to the garage earlier. I've been feeling numbness in my feet for a couple weeks now it's spread to my lower legs. I'm guessing something is flared up in my back again affecting my sciatic nerve.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today started with heavy snow which turned to rain. It's been pouring all day. I won't complain though. We need it. Went to physio. Came home and played guitar for an hour or so. Got a recall done on our new washing machine. Went out for a quick appointment this afternoon. Nothing much exciting.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Was at the doctor's office at 8:15 for annual physical. I got all the fasting blood work drawn and they sent me off to have breakfast. Back at 10:00 for doctor consultation. Sat and chatted to her for a long time, it was a slow day. Got the thumbs up except that I still have to supply a stool sample. That'll be fun.

Thought about going for lunch but decided to get my running around done in town. Got a new battery for the little tractor and loaded up on dog kibble. Our brand was on super discount which meant that it only cost 3 times what it is worth. I don't know why I started feeding these dogs premium, organic, no corn, no soy, blessed by the Almighty, dog food. Now they literally turn their noses up at anything else.

Got home and installed the new battery. Fired it up. Got it positioned on the trailer ready to tie down. Dropped the bucket on to the deck and hydraulic fluid spurted everywhere. Now I need a new hose. Got the tractor off the trailer and nursed it back down to the barn and removed the burst hose. I was covered in hydraulic fluid so I decided that was enough for today and headed for the shower.

We'll start anew tomorrow when hopefully I'll be in a better mood.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Changed the rear shocks on the truck. OEM type for FX/4 = stiffer then Dads. The first one, OK, cut the nylon strap and got the bottom bolt through as it extended. Perfect. The second one, I dropped the bolt as it was extending. Shit. I used a small hydraulic jack to compress it back to the botttom bracket and got the bolt in. :clap: No way that shock compresses by hand.

Of course, I hurt my left arm in the process trying to muscle it first before giving up and doing it the smart way. So now my left arm is killing me. Hopefully it feels better tomorrow so I can tackle the front.

Bitch getting old, then add dumb and stubborn and it's a bad mix.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've done that before changing a shock.

Today I had a big fat 0 for appointments for the first time in a month it seems. So I installed the battery in the boat. Changed the cable ends as they were corroded. Installed the fish finder. Greased the motor and changed the lower end oil. Put the muffs on her and hit the starter button. Fired right up and ran perfectly. I found a tear in the boat cover so repaired that. The boat is now ready for the water.

Tonight we are heading to the kids "boys n girls club" down the street for an open house appreciation event.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent half my shift on A east and the second half on rehab.

We had some brief thunderstorms pass by with more coming overnight and possibly a severe storm chance tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully I'll get back from shopping before that happens.
Tomorrow is my day off before the long 4 stretch Friday-Monday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So apparently I overdid it yesterday as I spent the night in pain and with very little sleep. Took a drive to the border again after physio today to pick up a few packages. I had thoughts of telling the American border guards I was bringing back a load of muslims that slipped across our border from the states.

This afternoon was another appointment with my lawyer. Shortly after I got home and settled into a nice nap on the chair the phone rang and I was advised that our oldest was injured at his after school program when something heavy fell on his foot. So, after rushing him to the hospital for an xray they couldn't tell if there was a break. But they aired on the side of caution and put it in a splint.
4298c53d066ec1b88ee7f98c5db70a01.jpg
df5cd905e96157faec32ad9ab289b201.jpg
52a10a547bce377535532c290afe1265.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up and on the go since before 8 this morning.
Got all the shopping done, then made myself a BLT for dinner with watermelon slices.

Mike and his friend Cruz got here late from work hungry, so I made them dinner.
I've forgotten how hungry 20 year olds are, so it was back to the kitchen making more toast and frying up more bacon. :glare::yum:

Jane had to work today and Larry her husband has been gone all day working on a plumbing issue with his brother.

I've got PLENTY of toast and bacon waiting now for anyone else who wants to eat this evening.
Never did see any bad weather.
It did reach 83 today and is supposed to cool down to 47 tonight.
Cooler trend on the way now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So apparently I overdid it yesterday as I spent the night in pain and with very little sleep. Took a drive to the border again after physio today to pick up a few packages. I had thoughts of telling the American border guards I was bringing back a load of muslims that slipped across our border from the states.

This afternoon was another appointment with my lawyer. Shortly after I got home and settled into a nice nap on the chair the phone rang and I was advised that our oldest was injured at his after school program when something heavy fell on his foot. So, after rushing him to the hospital for an xray they couldn't tell if there was a break. But they aired on the side of caution and put it in a splint.
4298c53d066ec1b88ee7f98c5db70a01.jpg
df5cd905e96157faec32ad9ab289b201.jpg
52a10a547bce377535532c290afe1265.jpg

Ouch!
Looks like a dislocation.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Possible. Xray tonight didn't show a break but that's not to say there isn't. I've seen it before. Good thing I have a good assortment of canes crutches etc.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Installed the front shocks on my truck today. Then made bean burritos.

Tomorrow the washer repairman comes. Supposed to rain all day so it will be a good day to veg out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my lunch packed for this evening ( big assed salad with grilled chicken strips and Vidalia onion dressing)
Have a fun and safe start to your weekend, everyone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You too pg. I drove our injured boy to school. Went to physio then came home to pack for camp. Go figure. Snowing yesterday. Now it's 18celcius. So I'm taking our foster daughter to camp for the night. Lots of prep work for the first time out. Food water clothes bedding etc.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One nephew is coming here at noon to pick up some of Melen's children's furniture that we've had sitting for a dozen+ years. He has a daughter who just turned 2. Its pretty nice stuff, will be glad to get rid of it and its nicer that someone will get to put it to good use.

Mid-afternoon another nephew is coming over. He has a handy-man/yard service business that he runs and the doctors told me my left arm is pretty much out of commission for this summer due to the piano moving I did about 10 days ago. So I'm hoping to have him till the garden, rebuild some flower beds, do some edging, etc. Not that he will do any of that today, but I'll show him what I need/want and let him write up the to-do list.

OH, and N.R., the photos of that foot look painful!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Returned from a unexpected 4 day business trip last night. Today shoring up business matters and then begin estate chores thru the weekend in order to start a 14 day motorsickle trip to the Ozarks on Monday. I need some time off ............

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Another crappy rainy weather day. Cold and damp so I replaced the fog light sockets on my pickup in the garage. After 12 years, the old ones had seen better days.

Mrs. TR is very happy, she got her washing machine back running. The bearings for the agitator were getting louder and louder. Good thing we have a service agreement. The cost would have been $335.00. That was over double what I paid for the service agreement ($140.00) so that was a good choice. I'll bet the parts alone would have cost nearly that and I would have had to do it myself.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came back to town yesterday to play the 5pm service. Then went back out to camp for the night. Some of the regular crew were out there so of course we lit the big fire. Don't ask what happened afterwards as it's all a little foggy though I did hear a few reports from the others.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good day at work.

Stopped by Westrich Furniture parking lot on the way, where the Kiwanis Club were hosting a chicken bbq to raise funds for the kids new splash pad at Stadium Park.

Reheated the bird dinner in the breakroom microwave around 6p, then carried on.

I'll be covering for a nurse on assisted living tomorrow because nobody else wanted to do it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Shouldn't say I had a boring day, but it was quiet.
Don't care for a gig with assisted living.
One med pass at dinner, then sitting.. walking around, answering the phone.

I even had time to buzz down the road to pick up some Chinese for dinner, then sit there and eat it hot.

Mr. Kitty Lightning Bug Brat is sitting on the bed talking to me.
Swear to God he's part Siamese because he's loud...:glare::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a very rough day yesterday. Barely able to stand for more than a few minutes. Ended up hobbling my way to the bedroom with a migraine around 7pm and stayed there for the night. Up at 3am in pain and now out to the chair.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I plan on taking the lawn furniture and deck furniture out of storage if the forecast rain holds off long enough. Better get crackin'! :w00t2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a beautiful 75°F out there. :biggrin:

Took a walk across town to Rite Aid to pick up some things, then a shortcut through the cemetery on the way back.

Sat out on the back porch and did some crosswords.

Tuna melts for dinner, unless someone feels more inspired than me.
:whistling::yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.