• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In n Out Burger for dinner and a visit to the dog park with Nelson

DF7-A05-A5-3467-4-F0-E-BEA0-CC9-F44-BCB514.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came into the city from camp to pick up my son from the airport. He's been out in Saskatchewan for a month with his mother (who I have a few choice words for but I'll be nice). She f'd off out west when he was 6 and now is trying to pretend she deserves mother of the year award. He's 15 now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got today off, so that means getting to Defi to see the kids and grandies.
Not much else planned.
I'll make a big lasagna for dinner this eve.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading home from camp this morning. Then working on getting the kids organized for school on Wednesday. My wife has been off work since April. She goes back in November. It's a parental leave from work she's entitled to as we're in the process of adopting our 12 year old foster daughter.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all we arrived at the cabin around 1pm on Thursday after unloading and setting up we hooked up the spring to the water tank. It hasn't been hooked up for several years so we had to hack our way in clearing as we went. It is very spooky in there very dense trees and vegetation, the perfect place to bump into the local wild life. When we got to it it was silted in and the plastic cover had broken with debris, we got that cleaned up and inserted the first pipe section and waited for it to clear up then pieced several pieces od 1-1/2" PVC together before reaching the ABS that is buried goes under the road and about 1000' to the water tank. While waiting for the water to make it from the spring to the tank I changed the drive sprocket on the Coot from a 15-t to a 10-t made a big difference in climbing ability. After the water was coming from the pipe at the tank and cleared up I connected it and opened the overflow valve, it took about 5 hours to fill the 1500 gallon tank and overflow, thats 5 gallons a minute at the end of the summer. Next I verified the valve under the cabin was off as I am working on the plumbing . The pipe from the tank also has a bypass drain valve so I let that run for a few minutes to clear any debris at the bottom then opened the valve, there are yard spickets so I tested and found great water pressure as good or better than home. On Friday I was able to get the plywood on the bath exterior wall now it is a room went to lunch came back and played with the Coot the rest of the day. Saturday I installed the plumbing for the sink and unpacked the shower and made a list of material for the installation, after lunch we did some shooting, the Winchester 1886, and AK47 The Winchester is more fun to shoot the AK more fun to clean. The side benefit to losing my iPhone 4 is I now have an iPhone 8 with a built in hot spot. I can now use the laptop and watch streaming movies at the cabin which saves a lot of battery not using a video player. Also measured up plans for a stainless cover and screen basket for the spring head. All in all a fun productive trip. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0031.MOV
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0011.MOV
    666.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0029.MOV
    372.7 KB · Views: 51

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're either really cruel or really clever. No sure which yet.

School starts tomorrow for the kiddies. This morning we had the alarm set for 6am. We did a practice run. Everyone up dressed and fed as if they were going to school. The first one leaves at 7am. Followed by 3 at 7:20 am. And one at 7:40. Last year, they all got up at 7AM.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up early browsing local home furnishing stores in the area.
There's George's, Ashley and an Amish one.
I'm going to furnish my apartment a little at a time in the coming week.
This coming weekend 2 of my girlfriends from Delphos are coming up for dinner and to see my progress.
God it's going to be nice being ALONE again.
Have I stressed that enough? Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Labor day weekend was both a bust and a boom for us. We got the new Park model rolling downI-44 and all went well. That brute was a heavy load for the one ton Dodge. I gotta say it was the fist load I ever hooked that made the truck look small.

Brakes worked well on the trailer and it mostly followed well. No incidents all the way to the lake. But then:shitHitFan:

Our spot at the lake RV park was going to be a hard fit at anytime. But , Labor day had the RV park full of campers, cars, boats, and kids. I tried several approaches but one got me pretty jammed up. I had to backup hill in a tight spot. Cooked the clutch.

I let it cool a few minutes but no "I" was in the way. So, I started her up and got out on the main road. That's when all hell broke loose. Going up a hill to a turn around spot, The clutch blew. Engine stalled. I had no brakes with a dead engine but the Park Brake. In a matter of about five seconds the trailer pulled be backwards and headed for the ditch. I managed to free the tranny and start the engine, park brake on hard and now trailer brakes working, I stopped at the edge of the ravine. Just.

First vehicle over the hill was a youngster in a one ton Dodge who promised to go get a two chain and be back. Second vehicle was the park ranger. Then the State police.

And then the wife in the chase car. She went back to town where she had signal and contacted our insurance for a tow road service

45 minutes later some friends of the first kid came by with a 4500 Dodge flatbed that had four wheel drive. He hooked up and was able to pull me out and to a side road not 100 yards from where I had stalled. It was in the State Park.

Later she came back and found a spot in the park for the trailer so we had it towed there and my truck into town.

By nightfall the unit was setup, AC working and the beer Ice Cold. :clap:

What a day. No property loss, no one hurt (but my pride) and in the process I met a bunch of really nice people.:thumbup:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today we are going to the "Winchester Mystery House" for a couple tours. It's the bizarre house built originally as the Winchester mansion but the widow believed the was being haunted by the ghosts of people killed by the rifles and had carpenters working 24/7 adding rooms, installing doors, building staircases to create a maze of rooms so the ghosts couldn't find her.

Looking forward to this house tour. We also signed up for a second, more in depth tour that visits parts of the house that were previously unavailable to the public and includes some behind the scenes insights, etc. So making a full day of it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
What am doing today, thats a good question. I don't know weather to put it here or rants and raves. It started off by one of my employees calling in at 5am then informing me he went home early Thursday and didn't work Friday because he didn't feel good. So somehow now I'm a week behind on a job that I thought would be finished by the end of this week and now its not. That doesn't effect anything else right?? WRONG. I hope everyone else is having a better day than me. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Things went a little sideways last week with the guy I had hired to build the bus shelter for the kids. After a few threats to inform the police of certain things about him, it got sorted out (I hope anyways). So I made a trip to home depot to pick up materials. Construction happens tomorrow with or without him. If he doesn't show up then I will be going to the police.

Side note....I had already given him a deposit for materials last week which he claims his girlfriend took and f'd off. So he never picked up materials and didn't show up on Friday like he was supposed to. Only after threatening to go to the police did he agree to come build it for free to make up for the materials that weren't purchased. I have a good solid paper trail to back me up.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Things went a little sideways last week with the guy I had hired to build the bus shelter for the kids. After a few threats to inform the police of certain things about him, it got sorted out (I hope anyways). So I made a trip to home depot to pick up materials. Construction happens tomorrow with or without him. If he doesn't show up then I will be going to the police.

Side note....I had already given him a deposit for materials last week which he claims his girlfriend took and f'd off. So he never picked up materials and didn't show up on Friday like he was supposed to. Only after threatening to go to the police did he agree to come build it for free to make up for the materials that weren't purchased. I have a good solid paper trail to back me up.

You were suppose to have a better day than me yesterday, hope you get it today. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is a clean slate, Have an appointment with a new customer at 9am gotta be better than yesterday. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You were suppose to have a better day than me yesterday, hope you get it today. Marty
I did have a better day today. The guy showed up. The shelter is built. We ran out of materials so that is tomorrow's job.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm exhausted from working long hours, but it's what I wanted.
:smile:
However I have today off and have a ton of things to get done (or try to).

Finally our Maddie got the ok to start her preschool.
20190905_084459.jpg

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Going to Chicago area to visit mom.
And then to the Polish deli for some krakoska, kabanos, double smoked bacon, etc.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I did have a better day today. The guy showed up. The shelter is built. We ran out of materials so that is tomorrow's job.

I finished off the shelter today after a trip to town for supplies. Installed a motion sensor solar light inside with separate solar panel. So when it's dark in the morning, the kids walk down the driveway and when they open the door, they have instant light while they wait. It still needs paint but the core is there.

When I went out earlier I found a trespasser in the yard stealing my apples.
08070fb3de8427aa377a26cd13bdd13e.jpg
b71abd3bda79ae1068b2200700a26559.jpg
6e5e6b1dfc0a9807314c30d0b27d583f.jpg
1929514ff5751b65b8fbda2bd7acbb9d.jpg
920f282a5606b53d7dda8788828f3914.jpg
d3b86e472e669617d3f9c98a27728e43.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, what a week, early in the spring the last time I drove my old dodge 4X4 to the mountain. There is about a month in the fall and a month or so in the spring where the 2x won't do it. On the way there it started popping thru the carburetor but no noises so I went on to the cabin. While there found the offending cylinder and had to pull the plug wire to stop the popping and made it home. As it came on suddenly I was hoping for a broken or weak valve spring. This morning I didn't have to go to the field early so I pulled the valve cover. What I found was a flat cam lobe on #7 and a bent push rod sticking thru the rocker arm on #3. I think there is probably a lot of metal in the motor. I have decided to upgrade to the 360 magnum= Roller cam, better heads and more power. every thing from the old motor fits except the intake manifold and the flywheel due to they are externally balanced. I found a used motor locally with 70k for $700.00 still in the wrecked truck running.So it won't be to painful except its just one more thing I have to get done before the snow flies. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 53

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I will play airplane mechanic...

A friend who I fly a lot with crashed his Piper into a corn field in the dark the other night. The engine quit, and he landed short an airport by a mile.. Today we go with trucks and trailers and fetch it back to the hanger. Wing removal will be the hardest part. Plan A is to play nice, and use wrench's to remove the wings. Plan B is a bit more harsh as it involves a generator set and a couple of Saws All's...

Hope we are home before dark...

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

A friend who I fly a lot with crashed his Piper into a corn field in the dark the other night. The engine quit, and he landed short an airport by a mile.. Today we go with trucks and trailers and fetch it back to the hanger. Wing removal will be the hardest part. Plan A is to play nice, and use wrench's to remove the wings. Plan B is a bit more harsh as it involves a generator set and a couple of Saws All's...

Regards, Kirk

I hope plan A works.

Jim

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

Good luck!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could say plan A worked. It would have required removing the interior of the plane, and with the top of the cabin mushed in... The plane was upside down, and on a small hillside to boot. Flipping it over with a big skid steer did the roof on the cabin no good at all either. Both wings had visible damage, and so we put the wrenches away, and got the saws out.

It is sitting on my back yard on the trailer tonight, we unload it in the morning..

Regards, Kirk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could say plan A worked. It would have required removing the interior of the plane, and with the top of the cabin mushed in... The plane was upside down, and on a small hillside to boot. Flipping it over with a big skid steer did the roof on the cabin no good at all either. Both wings had visible damage, and so we put the wrenches away, and got the saws out.

It is sitting on my back yard on the trailer tonight, we unload it in the morning..

Regards, Kirk

Suddenly my shitty week don't seem so bad. At least no-one was hurt right? Im Sorry for your buddy . Marty

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Suddenly my shitty week don't seem so bad. At least no-one was hurt right? Im Sorry for your buddy . Marty

Indeed, any time a piolet is forced to ditch, Especially in the dark, and walks away, it is indeed a very good day!!!

This guy drives semi for me at harvest, and tractors in the spring. I have a vested interest in his living a few more years lol....

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a busy afternoon here.
I've got furniture to order hopefully to be delivered on the dates arranged.
My friends Tonda and Angie are going to be here so we can shop for bathroom accessories.
Then I'll treat them to Chinese for dinner.
It's all coming together, slow but sure.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a busy afternoon here.
I've got furniture to order hopefully to be delivered on the dates arranged.
My friends Tonda and Angie are going to be here so we can shop for bathroom accessories.
Then I'll treat them to Chinese for dinner.
It's all coming together, slow but sure.

At least, for what we know of it, your life has been,,,: l interesting. Glad to hear it is coming together for you.:clap:
Bon chaunce!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
At least, for what we know of it, your life has been,,,: l interesting. Glad to hear it is coming together for you.:clap:
Bon chaunce!
Thanks, Franc.
This is what happens when you agree with everyone else's plans but your own.

I plan to retire where I'm planted.
Close enough to family, far enough away to suit me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, Franc.
This is what happens when you agree with everyone else's plans but your own.

I plan to retire where I'm planted.
Close enough to family, far enough away to suit me.

Uhmm,,,; Now I know what my problem has been in life.

It is why we have FIVE cats and a dog.:hammer:

It is why I making two house payments and the rent on an apartment.:hammer:

It is why I don't have a house on my Ozark place.:hammer:

It is why my son has a new girlfriend, and a new life, and I am stuck raising his kids.:glare:

All I can say is everyone else seems happy with the arrangements. At least I have that.:shit7:

Status
Not open for further replies.