• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

COGNAC

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a bottle of Courvoisier VSOP Fine Champagne Cognac that one of my sons gave me. I am a whiskey drinker so I need some information about it. Taste, sip straight or mix it, etc

TIA

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have a bottle of Courvoisier VSOP Fine Champagne Cognac that one of my sons gave me. I am a whiskey drinker so I need some information about it. Taste, sip straight or mix it, etc

TIA

I like to sip it out of a brandy snifter

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mention cognac and all I think of is the large German guy on a flight from Frankfurt to Leeds.
:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I like to sip it out of a brandy snifter

I don't drink cognac very often but when I do, that's how I do it. It's the classic way to drink it.

I'm not one of those liquor snobs so however it gives you pleasure and tastes best to you, do it.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

TIA

Sip. Straight.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Buy a snifter. They're not expensive and the bowl shape allows the cognac to be warned by the heat of your hand, releasing
wonderful aromatics. Sniff, sip, and enjoy!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. I've never tried Cognac and know nothing of it. So I've enjoyed this thread and have thoughts of stopping to pick up a bottle to try later this evening. Thanks all. Collective wisdom Rocks!!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you want to elaborate on that? I think that it sounds like a story that needs telling. :biggrin:

I quite agree. Lollie, how about "The Rest of the Story"!

It was a night flight Frank, after a long layover in Detroit. They were showing a movie.
Some were watching it - others not... we were trying to sleep.
The attendant gave him at least 2 and he was roaring all through the dang movie.
Something tells me he was nipping before he boarded the plane. lol

Now see, wasn't that exciting? :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It was a night flight Frank, after a long layover in Detroit. They were showing a movie.
The attendant gave him at least 2 and he was roaring all through the dang movie.

BORRRRRRING! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

still love ya though! :biggrin:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

Not particularly, no. Nonetheless, it did end the mystery your original, enigmatic post engendered! :clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Back when I was flying a lot for work, drunks on planes were just a fact of life. Occasionally I was one of them but to the flight attendants I was always a "fill me up and I'll go to sleep and not bother you again" type. I've seen drunks get punched out, more than once, I've seen them being forcibly restrained, I've seen them being carried off the plane unconscious. My favorite was the Tourist Minister from Yemen I sat next to, getting totally smashed on a flight from Cairo to Frankfurt. Can you imagine that? ... a drunk Muslim. Can you even imagine Yemen having a Tourist Minister? :yum::yum: Those Cairo to Frankfurt flights were always interesting.