• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did a first today

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Downloaded and burned a CD on how to replace the fan in my laptop.I used my old laptop to run the video. Went fairly smooth and had to back step some on reassembly. Got it all together, powered up and no display!! Took it apart again and repositioned the screen connector, reassembled and everything works. Not bad for an old fart who's used to working on much larger things like rock crushers. The only other computer work I've done is replace power supplies, fans and DVD players on desktops. Hard to believe the number of tiny screws to deal with!!
Mike

jwstewar

Wait until you try to replace the screen on a cell phone. I replaced a few on older iPhones. They sucked. Super tiny screws that make the screws on a desktop look huge.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just did a laptop screen last week for the first time. I was surprised how easy it was. The computer repair department at bestbuy was going to have to ship it out to get fixed for $400. I ordered the screen online and did it myself for $80. Simple. There's a plastic casing that just snaps on and 4 screws that hold it in place. Disconnect the old screen cable and attach the new one. Quick 5 minute job they claimed would cost $300 in labor.