• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT-4G / Jeep CJ5 cat

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I know I have something you want... to you it will be a special deal... 2 cats for the price of one... ;) and you know what price we are talking about

2, 2, 2 cats for the price of one,

but wait,

if you buy now, shipping is free,

and we have a very special offer for you if you buy it now...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
oh well, yes, I did have an strong interest in it when you first got it, and very understandably, you did not wish to sell, and then a little later you got a very very generous offer, well beyond what it was worth to me.
and since then, I have added a couple more significant machines to the collection, worked on a couple big summer projects, and now need to focus on finishing up three restorations, and the Kristi snow plane and I realized I do not have time to get involved with anything else this year.
yup, my plate is full.
I respectfully wish you luck in finding a new home for your kristi and thank you for the fun exchange of words...

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has the bidding ended?
Has it sold?

It’s never been a bidding, Jinn is a great auctioneer in case you didn’t know

As per my original post, $15k is the asking price with OBO

Sorry, not ready to let it go for $5k

Bombi1

GOLD Site Supporter
Lets drink to change of times! Make an auction out of it... :) Still waiting to hear from the "highest bidder" :)

Guess I misinterpreted you meaning of auction?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets drink to change of times! Make an auction out of it... :) Still waiting to hear from the "highest bidder" :)

Guess I misinterpreted you meaning of auction?

No one made any real offers knowing the "reserve" price of $15k OBO.

Jinn (Pontoon Princiess) just jumps around without making any sense of offers, I stopped taking her serious after few previous offers.

My stand on this is simple - a guy offered me $20k pretty much, but never followed up on the offer, thus I figures - reasonable to ask $15.

This is how I see it... I got it... and its not hurting me by having it sit whatever it takes to get a good offer ($15k OBO is what I figured)...

its a rare machine, its not your everyday production Bombi, DMC, LMC machine... for sake of deals - its one of the 2 ever made...

No, this IS NOT just another cat, this is a true collectors item.

I'm not going to let this just go for some odd low ball price of $5k

Sorry, thats where I stand., anyone cares to blabber away at my "wrong" opinion on this - go ahead... I'll gladly laugh at what ya say :) :) :)

So to make it clear once again, I'm asking $15k OBO here on FF, on CL I'm asking $20k... if it dont sell, I wont loose much sleep over it :thumbup:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
No one made any real offers knowing the "reserve" price of $15k OBO.

Jinn (Pontoon Princiess) just jumps around without making any sense of offers, I stopped taking her serious after few previous offers.

My stand on this is simple - a guy offered me $20k pretty much, but never followed up on the offer, thus I figures - reasonable to ask $15.

This is how I see it... I got it... and its not hurting me by having it sit whatever it takes to get a good offer ($15k OBO is what I figured)...

its a rare machine, its not your everyday production Bombi, DMC, LMC machine... for sake of deals - its one of the 2 ever made...

No, this IS NOT just another cat, this is a true collectors item.

I'm not going to let this just go for some odd low ball price of $5k

Sorry, thats where I stand., anyone cares to blabber away at my "wrong" opinion on this - go ahead... I'll gladly laugh at what ya say :) :) :)

So to make it clear once again, I'm asking $15k OBO here on FF, on CL I'm asking $20k... if it dont sell, I wont loose much sleep over it :thumbup:

let's set the record straight,

I offered you 10K and it was rejected and was told you had a higher offer, I was not interested in bidding against myself and or a straw buyer, IMHO, at 10K, for me, I was over paying.

sincerely, good luck with your sale

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
let's set the record straight,

I offered you 10K and it was rejected and was told you had a higher offer, I was not interested in bidding against myself and or a straw buyer, IMHO, at 10K, for me, I was over paying.

sincerely, good luck with your sale

Really none of my business but it is on a debate forum. My 2 cents says a collectable anything is worth somewhere between what its worth to the seller and and the buyer, I don't think there is any NADA books or prices on the item to determine a fair market value. Buyer makes an offer of what its worth to them and the seller either accepts it or rejects it, if rejected its obviously worth more to the seller. I'm not understanding the slings and arrows over it.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Really none of my business but it is on a debate forum. My 2 cents says a collectable anything is worth somewhere between what its worth to the seller and and the buyer, I don't think there is any NADA books or prices on the item to determine a fair market value. Buyer makes an offer of what its worth to them and the seller either accepts it or rejects it, if rejected its obviously worth more to the seller. I'm not understanding the slings and arrows over it.

Thanks, I think most are on the same page of understanding such things, just some have either hard or very hard time reading through persons emotions in the form of text typed out on a forum page.

As you said, it’s correct and agreed, no matter how much one wants to pay or get, market and timing set that value straight. Crap hits the fan and I might let it go to the first offer of $1500, or hold off long enough to get 10x that.

My math is simple, 1 of 2 ever made = rare item; offer came to me at $20k from a Kristi collector (means someone thinks it’s worth that much) - time showed that he isn’t able to follow through on the offer, Jinn offered $10k - I declined; and figured $15k was a fair asking price...

Will I hold on and restore it with my son in 10 years - may be, but right now I think if anyone came with an offer nearing $15k, I’m ready to let it go... thank God I’m not in financial hardships (and don’t wish any upon anyone), but every $1 extra I get, is $1 I can spend on projects or on paying my family’s next meal.

Wish all well! Thank God for clear skies and rain...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How wide is it with the tracks? How long is it?

rdynes01

I think you have a better shot at selling your Frandee for close to what you are asking than the Kristi KT. The Frandee is at least operational despite not being that practical for real usage, parts availablity, repair etc. The Kristi is basically a basket case requiring extensive fabrication, serious parts hunting and so on. Being only one of two ever made, will you really want to go to the effort of bringing it back to life and then start to use it and wear it out again. It really is only a collector's piece , nice to look at but not something I would use, considering the rough life a snowcat can see....Bob

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How wide is it with the tracks? How long is it?
771C1311-A743-4BD7-8276-5AE397580598.jpeg

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you have a better shot at selling your Frandee for close to what you are asking than the Kristi KT. The Frandee is at least operational despite not being that practical for real usage, parts availablity, repair etc. The Kristi is basically a basket case requiring extensive fabrication, serious parts hunting and so on. Being only one of two ever made, will you really want to go to the effort of bringing it back to life and then start to use it and wear it out again. It really is only a collector's piece , nice to look at but not something I would use, considering the rough life a snowcat can see....Bob

agree to certain extent.
Few words of my opinion related to this topic.
Many, many folks reach out to me on my social media accounts asking where can they find a machine or get certain parts, later contacting me saying that they hate the process as it turns out to them that they have to parts hunt for months, repair and fix things every trip they tried going out, etc.

When I came to this forum many years ago, I learned one thing - eather you know what you are doing well, or have budget to pay someone else (both joined help a lot as well), but most - even with budget - don’t have third ingredient which patience. I think most folks just imagine cats to be like cars - loads of FUN, easy to maintain and very little headache, while ol’timer cat owners will tell you otherwise for the most part, and I won’t comment on part where one has a constant worry of “what if” and how far you’ll need to walk back to your tow rig.

with that said - as it been stated pretty much at every for sale post, everything is worth as much as a buyer willing to pay.

many thought I was crazy to pay $20k for engineless Tucker ??‍♂️

Solrus

I think now its not the perfect time to sell a cat, but rather buy it . Saw two Tuckers mid 2000 , models 2000 with same hours at the auction 2 weeks apart , same seller, first left lot for 40k then 2 weeks later 25k. I think buyers also dry out now since at least 10 cats were sold in the last month at the auction and few coming up. Hopefully someone with deep pocket and interest will come to the market. I think investing in cat like investing in land, it appreciation takes years to grow the value. GL with sale!