• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Montecristo EPIC #2 Maduro cigar ~ yummy yum yum!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I was sitting alone and relaxing . . . puffing a MONTECRISTO EPIC #2 . . . WOW this is a nice cigar :yesway: I won't be featuring this cigar at any of our monthly cigar events because I only was able to get 3 boxes, 10 cigars each, of this very limited production tobacco wonder. Just not enough of them in existence to pass around.
Montecristo-Epic-No.-2.jpg
After an hour I'm still puffing on the Monte EPIC #2 maduro.

WOW. GREAT, absolutely GREAT cigar. Very smooth. Getting a good buzz, probably not going to get any work done this morning.

I need a roach clip to hold it because I've smoked it down to the end and am burning my lips . . . its THAT good.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Never seen or heard of it Bob but from your description it must be very, very good. I can't remember ever having a bad Montechristo though.

I am holding on to 5 Macanudo Portofinos at present, waiting for an occasion to smoke them. I smoked some a few years back and as far as I can remember, I enjoyed them. I do like the ring gauge and length a lot. If you have any experience of them give me your opinion. Are they worth keeping and savoring or should I just smoke them up?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Generally I smoke Robusto size/shape cigars, which are about a 50 ring gauge by about 5" long. The Portofino is a very long/skinny cigar, similar to a Lancero or Lonsdale shape cigar, roughly a 36 ring gauge by 7" long. Consequently I've never smoked one of the Portofinos from Macanudo. I used to sell them but no longer carry that one. Sorry, can't help you with it.

As for the Monte Epic #2, its a traditional Torpedo with a full body taper, as are all Monte #2 cigars. The Epic #2 has a dark maduro wrapper, but the flash in the photo makes it appear much lighter than it is in person. (I snagged that photo off the internet).

The cigar is very smooth and creamy with a mild flavor but it has some intensity to it. The intensity is not apparent in the first half of the cigar but as you get into the second half you start to feel the cigar. Your mouth will begin to have a pleasant tingle and your head will begin to get a bit of a buzz. Its so smooth you don't realize how strong the intensity of the cigar is until you try to stand up! Smoke this after a good meal or you will be dizzy for hours. Fortunately I had a big breakfast this morning.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, that's me, a long skinny cigar kind of guy. I seldom smoke anything thicker than a panatella and I can go all the way down to cheroots. I've become pretty set in my ways but perhaps I need to start experimenting with torpedoes. Maybe that will satisfy my preference for a smaller tip size cigar.

As far as your Epic #2, isn't it just one of life's great pleasures to be able to sit back, relax and take the time to enjoy a really good cigar. It's something that I've never been able to explain to my wife. Ahhhhh!!!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And I am plum out of those foreign stoogies. And my kid has been stalling on me. I think (hope) my Christmas present from him will be a box or two, er, I mean a picture album or two, of Havana anything.
Though I have hinted strongly that MonteCristos would be nice.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well its another fine day.

More snow is on its way.

I'm not saying that I am relaxing and enjoying a contraband Cuban made Partagas Serie D No.4 cigar.

No I am not saying that at all.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I got two words for you and they ain't happy birthday................

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd share, but its all gone now!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
All I have in my stash right now is a box of Macanudo Prince of Wales. Giant cigars.

My kid has been to busy to help me find cigars of particular origin. I may be relegated to normal smokes this coming summer.

The good news is I have a whole bunch of new Scotches and Tequilas awaiting as well.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
All I have in my stash right now is a box of Macanudo Prince of Wales. Giant cigars.

My kid has been to busy to help me find cigars of particular origin. I may be relegated to normal smokes this coming summer.

The good news is I have a whole bunch of new Scotches and Tequilas awaiting as well.

If the stock market keeps on tanking we'll all be smoking Swisher Sweets and drinking Suntori by next week.