• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Death and Taxes: A visual look at where your tax dollars go.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
This is a really cool visualization of the 2004 US Congresional discresionary budget. It does not include fixed cost budgets such as Medicare and Social Security. All of the circles are to scale, and represent the size of each spending area.

Click on the picture for a full size image (WARNING TO DIALUP USERS!)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave,

Too small to read.

Can you provide a link to a larger version?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Dave,

Too small to read.

Can you provide a link to a larger version?

Errr......re-read my post Brian. If you click on the picture, you are taken to a larger version.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
DaveNay said:
Errr......re-read my post Brian. If you click on the picture, you are taken to a larger version.

When I click on any one circle, I just get another window of the same picture. You might say that it is like government...... runs you around in a circle until you give up in frustration........Junk...

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
You may have to save the image to your computer as I did. Then open with a photo program and enlarge the image to read the detail.

All I can say is "stupid government" as I can now visualize the actual waste of my tax money. Thanks Dave.....:( :(

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
When I click on any one circle, I just get another window of the same picture. You might say that it is like government...... runs you around in a circle until you give up in frustration........Junk...
Yes, it is the same picture, just the full size version. The whole picture (little one in the post) is the link, not any of the circles. You can click anywhere.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
You may have to save the image to your computer as I did. Then open with a photo program and enlarge the image to read the detail.

All I can say is "stupid government" as I can now visualize the actual waste of my tax money. Thanks Dave.....:( :(
Your browser is probably automatically scaling it to fit.

Go here if it's not big enough.

http://www.forumsforums.com/pp53/showphoto.php?photo=548&cat=500&ppuser=13

Click on the picture to enlarge.

beds

I like the transparency of the U.S. budget. From what I understand there are line item budget approvals required. In other governments (mine) there are monies moved around across line items, rolled over to next years and generally not as well disclosed as what you have.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
My bad...

I do see some circles on there that I don't think should be there. I believe they should go away completely or be moved to the States themselves.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
My bad...

I do see some circles on there that I don't think should be there. I believe they should go away completely or be moved to the States themselves.

Yup me too - I see a lot of stuff on the right hand side that shouldn't be there!

:D