• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump may pull Pakistan aid

rugerman

Donald Trump is talking about pulling 255 million in aid to Pakistan due to harboring terrorist, etc.
I think it’s about time, Pakistan has been a thorn in our side for a long time, terrorist training camps, safe haven for osama Ben lauden (sp), etc.
Spend that money on infrastructure or some other project in America, quit sending our tax dollars to countries that hate us and only tolerate us due to aid money.

rugerman

Yep for a guy that the media and political pundits on both sides of the isle said would never become president he is doing a better job than the last several so called political elite presidents, probably because he is running this country like a business, not a slush fund for disposal of tax dollars.
I would like to see a lot more aid cut to countries that only take our money and give nothing in return.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep for a guy that the media and political pundits on both sides of the isle said would never become president he is doing a better job than the last several so called political elite presidents, probably because he is running this country like a business, not a slush fund for disposal of tax dollars.
I would like to see a lot more aid cut to countries that only take our money and give nothing in return.

Yep, he makes me smile to. And I agree TR. I would like to see him pull the welfare card from a whole lot of nations who take advantage of our good will.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate lobbyists period, but foreign lobbyists and American citizens lobbying for a foreign power should be kicked out of our country.
Mike

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Donald Trump is talking about pulling 255 million in aid to Pakistan due to harboring terrorist, etc.
I think it’s about time, Pakistan has been a thorn in our side for a long time, terrorist training camps, safe haven for osama Ben lauden (sp), etc.
[strike] Spend that money on infrastructure or some other project in America[/strike], quit sending our tax dollars to countries that hate us and only tolerate us due to aid money.

You and I are in 99% agreement. But we are $20 TRILLION in debt. We need to pay down that debt so our kids/grandkids/great grandkids don't end up in servitude to some foreign nation.

Not sending our $$$ to another nation does not mean we actually can/should spend it somewhere else. We should simply not spend it at all. That prevents it from being added to our debt. We do that enough and we can pay down some of that debt.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The Navy SEAL that shot Bid Laden was on Fox & Friends this morning. He said during the planning of the raid that it was unanimous that Pakistan NOT be in the loop on this as they did not trust ANY level of the Gov't not to warn Bin Laden and help him get away. Really?

That right there should have been enough to cut out all aid and money to Pakistan, but look who was President then, so say no more on that.

Pakistan does not deserve on red cent from us. Screw them and the horse they rode in on. When you get right down to it, there are many countries right now that do nothing for us and do not deserve our aid.

MAGA!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You and I are in 99% agreement. But we are $20 TRILLION in debt. We need to pay down that debt so our kids/grandkids/great grandkids don't end up in servitude to some foreign nation.

Not sending our $$$ to another nation does not mean we actually can/should spend it somewhere else. We should simply not spend it at all. That prevents it from being added to our debt. We do that enough and we can pay down some of that debt.

Good and valid point. I agree. Just like the theory that reinvesting monies into one's business will ultimately help the bottom lines and improve revenues, the same argument can be used on improving our country's infrastructure. Better roads, bridges and tunnels with better weight capacity and traffic flow improvements could under certain circumstances improve the business climate, thereby improving the tax flow. My Tuesday morning theory anyhoo. :smile:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Totally agree, sir. The debt seems so far gone that it's ignored.

If I recall, we gave the last President close to a trillion dollars to fix infrastructure, so that should no longer be a problem.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Totally agree, sir. The debt seems so far gone that it's ignored.

If I recall, we gave the last President close to a trillion dollars to fix infrastructure, so that should no longer be a problem.

It is a fact that money never went to so called shovel ready jobs. Even Obama bin Biden admitted as such. My guess is that most of it just vaporized without doing what it was presented as.

Just one more example of the corrupt and totally deceitful and incompetent Obama bin Biden administration.

Count on one thing. Whether you agree with spending debt monies or not on infrastructure, if Trump manages it, the monies will be put to much better use then under the fool that was in the white house before.

rugerman

I agree that this countries debt is out of control and that not spending or spending less will help to lower that debt, but our infrastructure is also in serious need of some attention, our power grid is in bad shape and you would think that electricity were free if you drive down any street and note all the power that is being used to run all extraneous advertising, like our dads always told us when you leave the room turn off the lights. Lots of roads and bridges are in serious need of repair, older bridges are crumbling, lots of the bridges in the country are on a constant repair schedule when they should have been replaced a long time ago.
Tons of money is wasted in this country studying useless or common sense stuff, who gives a damn about the sex lives of some obscure fish, sail, or insect. Lots of these studies are just a way for so called scientists to prolong their gravy train of monies from the government. Shrimp on a treadmill is one example of this enormous waste. Like I told one of my college professors if you don’t learn the first time that pissing on a electric fence is a bad idea, prolonged study won’t help you a bit.

rugerman

Just read on Fox web site that 65 million dollars was removed from aid to Palestinian causes, Trump didn’t take it all to keep from shutting down the whole program. He is using the cut to show the Palestinians that he means business about them turning away from a base for terrorists.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
A while back someone knocked on my door. He told me about all the terrible floods in Pakistan and asked me if I wanted to contribute. I said,
sorry but my garden hose doesn't reach that far.

rugerman

Trump is negotiating in real time with real money and proving that what he says he really means, unlike obama who made threats but then sat there with his tumb up his butt when his threat was seen as empty rhetoric with no follow through.