• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

THE HILL: FBI launching investigation into Clinton Foundation

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Liberal leaning media source "The Hill" is breaking a story that could upset a more than a few establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle ... apparently the FBI is starting an investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

FULL STORY HERE >>> http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/367541-fbi-launches-new-clinton-foundation-investigation

FBI launches new Clinton Foundation investigation

The Justice Department has launched a new inquiry into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in any pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, law enforcement officials and a witness tells The Hill.

FBI agents from Little Rock, Ark., where the Foundation was started, have taken the lead in the investigation and have interviewed at least one witness in the last month, and law enforcement officials said additional activities are expected in coming weeks.

The officials, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said the probe is examining whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors made commitments of donations in hopes of securing government outcomes.

The probe may also examine whether any tax-exempt assets were converted for personal or political use and whether the Foundation complied with applicable tax laws, the officials said.

One witness recently interviewed by the FBI described the session to The Hill as “extremely professional and unquestionably thorough” and focused on questions about whether donors to Clinton charitable efforts received any favorable treatment from the Obama administration on a policy decision previously highlighted in media reports.

The witness discussed his interview solely on the grounds of anonymity. He said the agents were from Little Rock and their questions focused on government decisions and discussions of donations to Clinton entities during the time Hillary Clinton led President Obama's State Department.

The FBI office in Little Rock referred a reporter Thursday to Washington headquarters, where officials declined any official comment.

Nick Merrill, a spokesman for Hillary Clinton, and Craig Minassian, a spokesman for the Foundation, did not immediately return calls or emails seeking comment Thursday evening. But the Foundation and Merrill have previously told The Hill that the Clintons never traded any government policy decisions for donations and that the continued focus on the issue was solely designed as a conservative distraction from President Trump's Russia election probe.

Former Clinton White House aide Bruce Lindsey, who oversees the Foundation, also did not respond immediately to an email seeking comment.

The Wall Street Journal reported late last year that several FBI field offices, including the one in Little Rock, had been collecting information on the Clinton Foundation for more than a year. The report also said there had been pushback to the FBI from the Justice Department.

A renewed law enforcement focus follows a promise to Congress late last year from top Trump Justice Department officials that law enforcement would revisit some of the investigations and legal issues closed during the Obama years that conservatives felt were given short shrift. It also follows months of relentless criticism on Twitter from President Trump, who has repeatedly questioned why no criminal charges were ever filed against the “crooked” Clintons and their fund-raising machine.

For years, news media from the New York Times to The Daily Caller have reported countless stories on donations to the Clinton Foundation or speech fees that closely fell around the time of favorable decisions by Hillary Clinton's State Department.

... FOR THE FULL STORY SEE THE LINK ABOVE

rugerman

Happy to see a investigation into the crooked Clintons, long over due, now make it a grand slam and investigate obama’s shady deals while they are at it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My first take - it's all window dressing to prove nothing illegal was done.
One witness interviewed in a month, and the interview was professional blah blah blah.
It's all horseshit.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
several FBI field offices, including the one in Little Rock, had been collecting information on the Clinton Foundation for more than a year. The report also said there had been pushback to the FBI from the Justice Department.

A renewed law enforcement focus follows a promise to Congress late last year from top Trump Justice Department officials that law enforcement would revisit some of the investigations and legal issues closed during the Obama years

put then BOTH on a witness stand, not in Congress, a REAL courtroom as the defendants.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope they take protective measures for the witnesses so that they don't have a heart attack or get hit by a bus.

rugerman

Personally I would not want for the investigation to be handled by congress, from past investigations I haven’t seen anything concrete come out of their investigations. Investigate them with the idea that they WILL be held responsible for their actions and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My first take - it's all window dressing to prove nothing illegal was done.
One witness interviewed in a month, and the interview was professional blah blah blah.
It's all horseshit.

Yep. When the smoke clears and all the discussion is over, the Klintons ride off into the sunset on the backs of the working class in this country planning their next great heist as the #1 crime family in America.

I am not a betting man whatsoever, my money comes and always came hard, but I would bet my next pension check that they walk away scott free and somehow financially the better for it all.

This level of crook in America, especially with a D after their name, suffer no consequences for their actions. As my favorite uncle used to always say, "He who has, gets".

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I would not want for the investigation to be handled by congress, from past investigations I haven’t seen anything concrete come out of their investigations. Investigate them with the idea that they WILL be held responsible for their actions and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Congress actually cannot DO much from their findings except turn it over to the DOJ.

if the sitting President orders, or suggests somehow, the DOJ to slow walk or ignore the findings of the Congress then you have an Eric holder who was punished by a congressional order of contempt. See, there can be a punishment.:yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
At this point in time I have little faith in the DOJ or FBI to fully uphold the law regardless of the accused social standing. I think for 8 yrs lady justice' blindfold was removed and I'm not sure it has been put back in place.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At this point in time I have little faith in the DOJ or FBI to fully uphold the law regardless of the accused social standing. I think for 8 yrs lady justice' blindfold was removed and I'm not sure it has been put back in place.
Mike
I think Sessions can do it but, after a year of relative timidity, my expectations are lowered.

rugerman

I’m hopeful that Jeff Sessions has been timid because he has a lot on his plate and he is just getting his feet under him and in the future he will get the hang of his new position and make some real actions come to pass.
So far Donald Trump has been real good at keeping good people and getting rid of the rest, so I trust his judgment in his people, he didn’t get where he is in business without being to read people and pick winners.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I’m hopeful that Jeff Sessions has been timid because he has a lot on his plate and he is just getting his feet under him and in the future he will get the hang of his new position and make some real actions come to pass.
So far Donald Trump has been real good at keeping good people and getting rid of the rest, so I trust his judgment in his people, he didn’t get where he is in business without being to read people and pick winners.

Well, we can always hope, but I sure as hell am not optimistic.

rugerman

Just read that there was a fire at the Clinton house. Now I wonder what they were destroying that might have been used against them in the investigation into their foundation. Damn I wish that our government could keep their mouth shut til a investigation is finished so they don’t lose vital stuff to their stupid leaking of info.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just read that there was a fire at the Clinton house. Now I wonder what they were destroying that might have been used against them in the investigation into their foundation. Damn I wish that our government could keep their mouth shut til a investigation is finished so they don’t lose vital stuff to their stupid leaking of info.
I just did a search and they are saying that was fake news about the servers and hard drives being burned. But there was a fire at the secret service building next to their home. So the headline really should have said "Hillary and Bill Clinton fired their secret services".........

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure "we" pay the rent on that building so I'm sure "we'll" pay the damages.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure "we" pay the rent on that building so I'm sure "we'll" pay the damages.
Mike

You know that we do. That's how the Clintons pay their mortgage. They charge the Government for rental of the building to the Secret Service. The sleazy 2 don't miss a trick.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike

If I remember correctly, the Secret Service rented an old unused building on the Clinton property and renovated it for their purposes. So yes, we the taxpayer will get stuck for the bill.