• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 Colorado Snowcat Jamboree

Aaron Tucker

The Colorado snowcat clan has meet and decided the dates of this years Colorado Snowcat Jamboree.

March 8th, 9th and 10th at Vail and Montezuma CO

more details to come, stay tuned.

Attachments

• 30052528_10155606438178865_4809260474275100991_o.jpg
    30052528_10155606438178865_4809260474275100991_o.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 29365460_165857107406770_4852524806312034304_n.jpg
    29365460_165857107406770_4852524806312034304_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,040

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going out to Vail/Breck area for a week Feb 17-23.

Hoping to meet some Colorado cat folk if the tracks allign?

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I am strongly considering bringing my Frandee to Colorado for your Jamboree. I am willing to let anyone drive it if they will let me drive their cat.

Attachments

• DSCN0492.jpg
    DSCN0492.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 958

funtracks

The kids spring break lines up with that weekend, that makes it a possibility! Now I just have to get my work schedule to line up too. Nuclear power just doesn't have the respect for snocating like I do. :thumbup:

Aaron Tucker

I am strongly considering bringing my Frandee to Colorado for your Jamboree. I am willing to let anyone drive it if they will let me drive their cat.

Gmoose ,

Come on out to Colorado and you can drive my cats:thumbup:
The Frandee would be a treat to have in the deep snow!

Aaron Tucker

The kids spring break lines up with that weekend, that makes it a possibility! Now I just have to get my work schedule to line up too. Nuclear power just doesn't have the respect for snocating like I do. :thumbup:

Funtracks,

We would love to have you and your family join us.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Aaron Tucker that sounds like an offer I can't refuse. I will be there barring any unforeseen circumstances.

CoFarmer

Sounds like we need to find me that 1742 before March haha. Really though, hope to join one way or another. Thanks

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
looking forward to the Jamboree and seeing everyone.

"It Begins" we got a little bit of snow over night and maybe more on the way
IMG_20181008_074850_hdr.jpg
This is Montezuma bowl (day 3 of the jamboree) in the summer.
IMG_20180902_100200.jpg
Here are a couple of videos from last year that I uploaded today. The first is forum8fox snowboarding one of the lines on Zuma bowl. The second iss archmage driving up to the top of zuma bowl for the second ski lap of the day. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXFIpojNbA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6wljHhvfU

Aaron Tucker

looking forward to the Jamboree and seeing everyone.

"It Begins" we got a little bit of snow over night and maybe more on the way
View attachment 105029
This is Montezuma bowl (day 3 of the jamboree) in the summer.
View attachment 105030
Here are a couple of videos from last year that I uploaded today. The first is forum8fox snowboarding one of the lines on Zuma bowl. The second iss archmage driving up to the top of zuma bowl for the second ski lap of the day. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXFIpojNbA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6wljHhvfU

nice Sean !

Aaron Tucker

Snow is falling in the high country of Colorado with 2ft over the weekend and another foot expected today.
Colorado has already had its first skier triggered avalanche this year

from CAIC

"Early Fall Avalanche Incidents

On Friday 11-2-2018 a skier was caught and partially buried on Hoosier Pass while ascending a small slope. The avalanche was triggered from below. View the incident report here.

On Monday 10-15-2018 a hiker was caught in an avalanche on south Arapaho Peak in the Front Range. The avalanche swept him over cliffs and left him injured. He provided great details for an incident report.

On Friday 10-12-2018, a skier on Loveland Pass was caught in an avalanche. The skier was able to get off the slab near the top, but he could have easily gone for a rough ride. Here is a picture of the avalanche from another party. "

https://avalanche.state.co.us/

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great sounding idea, just need to put a crew together to go along... I think it might be time to replace my Jeep with something diesel under the hood... :)

Aaron Tucker

Great sounding idea, just need to put a crew together to go along... I think it might be time to replace my Jeep with something diesel under the hood... :)

That would be awesome to see you join the diesel life Nikson. Do you think you will have the sno shoe ready for the jamboree ? The gauges that I saw on insta look good.

funtracks

So we just booked a short skiing trip at Loveland the weekend of the Jamboree. I don't know the area that well but looks like Montezuma is close to Loveland (we're staying in Dillon). Seeing that we'll be close, I'll be watching for more details when the snocats will be in the Montezuma area and find some time to stop out and see some forum friends and snocats.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Montizuma is day 3 of the event and is outside keystone ski area. Just take Montezuma road from keystone to Montizuma.

Loveland is a lot of fun, I know that mountain well (worked there for a decade). I recommend lifts 4, 8 and 9. Lots of good steep snow to be had. The steeps off of old chair 1 (chets dream) used to be great but the switch to a high speed quad means the snow gets really beat up. They have a (ridge cat) that takes customers cat skiing the continental divide for no extra charge. Or al least it used to be no extra. You just have to sign a waiver at the ticket office. Have fun skiing in Colorado and hopefully see you at the Jamboree.

Oh also check and see if (tunnel face) is open. It has a little gate between 4 and 8. Used to be a federal closure but now open sometimes. Amazing snow, pitch and you get to see some cool stuff.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That would be awesome to see you join the diesel life Nikson. Do you think you will have the sno shoe ready for the jamboree ? The gauges that I saw on insta look good.

I'm hoping to have the Frandee done by end of January, at least thats the plan :)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hoping to have the Frandee done by end of January, at least thats the plan :)
the timing looks perfect for a frandee north american extreme winter overland tour.

Home to MI, (first saturday in february)
MI to MASS
Mass to CO
CO to ID
ID to CA
CA back home......

"Don't think small, Hit them ALL"

we can do a before and after photo Op at the adventure copper mine in Green land MI. (worth a google there is a model E snoshu that pops up as the first image.)

Aaron Tucker

Montizuma is day 3 of the event and is outside keystone ski area. Just take Montezuma road from keystone to Montizuma.

Loveland is a lot of fun, I know that mountain well (worked there for a decade). I recommend lifts 4, 8 and 9. Lots of good steep snow to be had. The steeps off of old chair 1 (chets dream) used to be great but the switch to a high speed quad means the snow gets really beat up. They have a (ridge cat) that takes customers cat skiing the continental divide for no extra charge. Or al least it used to be no extra. You just have to sign a waiver at the ticket office. Have fun skiing in Colorado and hopefully see you at the Jamboree.

Oh also check and see if (tunnel face) is open. It has a little gate between 4 and 8. Used to be a federal closure but now open sometimes. Amazing snow, pitch and you get to see some cool stuff.

love land ski area has a 142in base right now and is 5th in north america for snow totals. Just right behind BC.

Had a great time at Vail pass yesterday with our local summit snowmobiling club.

This government shut down is about to leave everything open to the snow poachers :flagusa:

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_3289.JPG
    IMG_3289.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 532

Aaron Tucker

The Colorado cat crew had a great outing this weekend to ring in the new year.
we had 7 snowcats out and you could say we did some catskiing.:rock:

Attachments

• IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_3408.JPG
    IMG_3408.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_3404.JPG
    IMG_3404.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_3430.jpg
    IMG_3430.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3420.JPG
    IMG_3420.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 431

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks amazing as always!

Let me know if any of the crew has time in February. Will be there playing Feb 17-22 staying in Breck. Wife rented us some palace called last nickel lodge off Rt9 appears to be in Breckinridge Country Club area ?

Will travel for fun!

Aaron Tucker

Looks amazing as always!

Let me know if any of the crew has time in February. Will be there playing Feb 17-22 staying in Breck. Wife rented us some palace called last nickel lodge off Rt9 appears to be in Breckinridge Country Club area ?

Will travel for fun!

come on down. your more then welcome to go out with us then. Give me a call as it gets closer. 719-494-6225

Breck is only 25min drive from where we snowcat at Vail Pass.

Aaron Tucker

couple more pics.

We have been doing alittle more exploring this year and getting back to some areas that we haven't been in for several years. One thing we have all talked about is helping everyone on the forum understand that here in Colorado you can take you snowcat anywhere you can take a snowmobile.I have attached a map of Vail pass also here is a link to the Colorado snowmobile association state map. The only places you can't snowmobile/snowcat is the ski/snowboard terrain.
https://www.snowmobilecolo.com/content.aspx?page_id=1980&club_id=45117

We hope to see some of you fellow snowcaters from others states this year.:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_3443.JPG
    IMG_3443.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_3444.JPG
    IMG_3444.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_3451.JPG
    IMG_3451.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 385

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Fabulous, great to see a jamboree for snow cats all season long, wide open snow catting, Colorado is the place to be...

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Hybrid use is a place with a motorized route for skiing access. Your only allowed to snowmobile or snowcat on the road. Everything else is for the skiiers the snowmobiles and snowcats transport.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
so route 8,9 are a motorized trail for the purpose of getting in there to ski?

So I would have to be carrying skis or boards to be on that route with a snowmobile?

I guess it is like the Wisconsin and Michigan interpretation of grooming snow.... as long as you are pulling something for the purpose......

I asked if a 2x4 was a groomer, officer propson stated " are you pulling it for the purpose of grooming?"

Yes.

well then your grooming he stated.