• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Model Sequencing (in order)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
924, 925, 926, etc etc...

one and done, sales brochure for Tucker Sno-Cat trailers

Attachments

• tkr131.jpg
    tkr131.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 547

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres a picture of my early tucker trailer and 1949 420 tucker.This trailer is early enough that the sides are flat with the Tucker logo painted on. It appears to be custom built as the box measures 48"x106" with running boards and seats.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not so fast. You need to appreciate the size of the 800 series Sno-Cats. Here are three grousers; top is pattern for the 800, middle is the heavy duty 700 (1 1/4 roller), bottom 400.
The other photo is of the pattern for the hub extension for a 800 compared with one for a 400.

Roller diameter for the 800 was about five inches. Grouser length 32 inches.

Me: Hello my name is Scott and I am a Tucker-oholic.
Them: Hello Scott.
Me: I have not greased a roller in three months.
Them: Very good, keep it up.

Attachments

• DSCN3255.jpg
    DSCN3255.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 507
  • DSCN3254.jpg
    DSCN3254.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 505

aksnocat

Photos taken at the Alaska Transportation Museum in 2003. Not sure exactly the original purpose, but it appears to me to be some kind of ambulance trailer, mostly from the overhead rail.

From the OD green canopy I'd guess it was built for the military.

Behind the yellow trailer note the model 420 and matching trailer that belonged to Harry Truman - not the president, but the old codger who wouldn't leave his home on the flanks of Mt. St. Helens when it blew its top.

The last photo is Harry's trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 500

aksnocat

So now that we've pretty well covered the pontoon/steel track era, how's about going through the rubber-belted/steel grouser models?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 542 ACF

Could definitely be some screw ups thru here . . .

Other than the one-off prototypes that can be found in the "Early Tucker Photos" thread that were tested with rubber tracks, this may have been one of the first production rubber track machines. Three were sent to the French army:

Attachments

• tucker-snocat-542-acf.jpg
    tucker-snocat-542-acf.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 411
This one may not have been built by Tucker.:brows: It would be interesting to see what number it would be called.

tucker that dad & Russ built.jpg

It was slightly modified at Waterville Valley Ski Area some where around 1969. That's my Dad on the left and Russ Gilman on the right.
The ski area had no money so they made do with what they had.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
"LANCERCAT 1" !!:biggrin::biggrin: still all Chrysler components,except for the economy tractor tires and rims!:biggrin: three speed push button auto, and nice comfortable seats,heater,and radio !!! It made a real nice lift maintenance vehicle ,till we got banned from using it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The rest of of the country is welcome for Yankee Ingenutity! Only in New England you will find the pioneers like this.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 743 ACF

"Lady Penelope" 'Sno-Traveler'

Not sure if there was more than this one built for the New Zealand Antarctic Research program, or if this was just a hybrid that was crafted from one of the original 743CF's that was left behind on the ice. Looks to have a Snow Trac rear drive gear of which NZ had plenty of, but also appears to have a style of the ACF two tire front track system. Pretty interesting regardless

Attachments

• 185284-max.jpg
    185284-max.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1342

I guess we are on to the 1300 series:

Attachments

• Tucker-1342_2.jpg
    Tucker-1342_2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC02074.jpg
    DSC02074.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 487

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1343 BME

Mid engine Tucker. Arguably the 'Donskoy' cat of Sno-cats. (Google is your friend:whistling:) The box on the rear is an add on.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 428

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry- the pic above is a 1342 BME. Typo.

Anyone have a picture of a 1343?? (only 4 wheel carriers) It was an option and I'm sure at least one made it out the door, but can't find a pic.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, is it O K to go back?
Wood not be the first time I do Sno-Cat backward. We forgot to talk about Mud Cats.

Attachments

• Mud Cat 2.jpg
    Mud Cat 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Mud Cat 1.jpg
    Mud Cat 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 381
  • Kitten 222 Mud cat.jpg
    Kitten 222 Mud cat.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 389

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 222 Mud

And there were at least two made . . .

Attachments

• Sno-kitten-of-Tucker-Corporation.jpg
    Sno-kitten-of-Tucker-Corporation.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 375
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 370
  • attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 365

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1442

On to the 1400 series since we can't find a 1343. A 1442:

Attachments

• tucker-gaspower-577r.jpg
    tucker-gaspower-577r.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 359
  • tucker-gaspower-582r.jpg
    tucker-gaspower-582r.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 355

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1344

Doh:doh:- Can't forget Sleddogracer's 1344:

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 371

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
All Terrain Cat

Not sure if we are going back or forward with this one. Touches steel, rubber, and other Genre.

Where are we fitting in the "All Terrain Cats"?

The cat in the brochure is alleged to be the same one in the last photo and has this build sheet it came with.

Built as a 1542 with small block chevy, All Terrain Tracks Added then ultimately removed and sold as a 342? Stainless rails on the toons now as it lives in New Hampshire.

Just when you though you had it all figured out! Bryan Adams and this cat had some stuff going on during the summer of 69.

Attachments

• All Terrain Cat.jpg
    All Terrain Cat.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 370
  • All Terrain Cat 2.jpg
    All Terrain Cat 2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 365
  • All Terrain Cat 3.jpg
    All Terrain Cat 3.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 356
  • All Terrain Cat 4.jpg
    All Terrain Cat 4.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 369

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is definitely the second generation of the track system that was on the 542 ACF French units. Wonder if they made it out the door on something else, or if they just went to the scrap yard?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1443

1400 series sedans have tracks that are 28" wide and carriers that are 76" long:

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 371
  • tucker.jpg
    tucker.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Sidewithsled.jpg
    Sidewithsled.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting the rubber thickness on the R K wheels vs the sno cat wheels. More rubber and less casting on the factory less rubber and more casting on the R K.

Not sure which is better but I like the looks of the R K all matching. Wonder if the over all diameter is the same?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I remember a post that the RK wheels were slightly smaller diameter to help allow ice chunks & stones to fall between the tires. The gap on the factory was tight (like yours) and ice & stones would chew up the tires. Not sure on the truth of this, since in motion the surfaces are moving different directions and would be trying to roll material out of the gap.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker Model 1444

Next one:

Attachments

• SAM_1302_zps8vzukd2b.jpg
    SAM_1302_zps8vzukd2b.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 328