• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why is this so difficult?!

Tye one on

I love browsing the forums here and making an occasional post but I'm beginning to get irritated. It seems that all of us would like to see pictures with posts if applicable. The ever so common and irritating message "this post is worthless without pictures" comes out the minute someone doesn't include a photo. I would love to know why it is so effing difficult to post a picture on this forum? I see more damn posts from frustrated individuals an having to resize and crop and upload and do god knows what to finally get it on the page.

It seems to me it should be simple with the technology we have at our fingertips. I should be able to type a message, touch a button to add photo and either take one or choose from my library. Why the hell can't it work this way? Every other social media site does. Help me understand!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I love browsing the forums here and making an occasional post but I'm beginning to get irritated. It seems that all of us would like to see pictures with posts if applicable. The ever so common and irritating message "this post is worthless without pictures" comes out the minute someone doesn't include a photo. I would love to know why it is so effing difficult to post a picture on this forum? I see more damn posts from frustrated individuals an having to resize and crop and upload and do god knows what to finally get it on the page.

It seems to me it should be simple with the technology we have at our fingertips. I should be able to type a message, touch a button to add photo and either take one or choose from my library. Why the hell can't it work this way? Every other social media site does. Help me understand!

Thats because we are cheap and don't want too:biggrin: .LOL

Seriously , If you have a program like Paint you can easily resize your existing pictures to work on our system . There is a max size the site can post . I resize all my pictures before posting . Its really very easy once you get use to it . Hope to see Pictures soon !!!:smile:

Tye one on

Paint? Seriously? Maybe I'm nuts but most people are using smart phones and tablets to access the Internet these days. If I am wrong now it will only be a matter of time before I am right. If you have not attempted it, try using an Ipad to post a picture or creat a profile on here it's difficult to say the least if you want to include pictures. Really my question is why not how if the answer is "paint". Why can't I choose a picture from the library in my ipad or iPhone irreguardless of the size and post it on this site? It makes no sence to me.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I could not post from my Iphone, downloaded SimpleResize and now do not have a problem.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The dogs beside me working hard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 147

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Guess it is because I can.:yum:

Guess I misunderstood the question. The answer is time which is a precious commodity to me anyway most of the time.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Not everyone has an iPad or smartphone. Pictures that are not resized can be many MB. People on dial up or with 2.5GB/month allowances really don't want to wait 15 minutes for the picture or use up 1% of their allowance for each picture.

Every forum I've been involved with has picture size limits. The limits are very generous, here. Maybe if you send this forum lots of money they could institute something that would resize your pictures automatically. Till then, you could use the applications available to you and resize your own. There's lots of people here who make that effort.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Assuming you have windows, I use microsoft powertoys "picture resizer". Haven't had any trouble with it and it's easy.
Mike

Attachments

• welding 020 (Small).jpg
    welding 020 (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 143

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i post pix from my library on here & @ a few other places. is not complex imo. prefer to avoid other ways fer various reasons.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've rarely if ever had problems with uploading pictures onto this forum. Once you do it a few times, it becomes quite simple. There are a few different ways to do it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use forum runner on my iphone and can upload pics with ease. Nothing ever needs resized. I suppose forum runner would work on an ipad, but not sure.

Otherwise this is the first I heard of issues posting pics from an ipad. I'll check and see if other forum owners have run into this and possible solutions.

Tye one on

Thank you Pixie for answering the question. Dial up would be a problem didn't know there was much of that left, guess I'm a little out of touch. Seems to me (as I said earlier that most people are viewing this on smart phones and tablets and if that is not true today, it will be. How much money would I have to send to be able to just touch the picture icon that is right above where I'm typing and be able to choose from library instead of it asking for a URL? Another question I know, sorry just really do not understand. I know you think I'm the only one with this issue but I see it a lot here.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you considered taking your photos in email mode so the size is considerably smaller? It is an easy change that allows most any forum or email recipient to display them without using up gobs of memory. I told the daughter if she keeps sending me photos that take minutes to download I would block her email. She got her manual out and figured it out right away. Guess what else. She can now take 20 times as many pictures with her camera.

Tye one on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357830459.722231.jpg

I take all pictures with iPhone or Ipad, it does not give me that option. Here is an attempt through tap talk app. We will see.

Tye one on

So that works the way I want it, is forum runner better than taptalk doc? Is it worth paying for I guess is the question?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with Jerry. Forum Runner is much better than tapatalk. It is worth the dollar or two for sure.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If ya don't mind report back on how it works for the ipad. I'm guessing it will work as good or better than on the iphone.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Paint? Seriously? QUOTE]

Sorry for the suggestion .... I am just a very "dumb ass old man" with very limited computer knowledge . Hell , I can't turn on the remote TV without help .
Besides I honestly have no idea what a I Pad does anyway and I don't own a cell phone .

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Paint? Seriously? Maybe I'm nuts but most people are using smart phones and tablets to access the Internet these days.

I am another who does not own a smartphone or tablet and don't see myself purchasing one anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned technology is a tool like any other. You use as much as you need to do what you have to do. My business computer is a Gateway desktop pentium 4 running Windows 2000 Pro and Quickbooks 2004 and no internet connection. It does what I need and I see no reason to upgrade as long as it runs. At home I have a cheap laptop with DSL for internet browsing. It's all the technology I want or need.

I guess it's up to people like you, Tye-One-On, to keep new stuff coming out. Manufacturers sure aren't building things for people like me. Welcome to FF. I'll be looking to learn from you.

Last edited:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
But to tye one on's point, why have a posting size limit. Why can't the forum communicate with my pc and just resize the damn thing? Why do I have to resize it? The forum's server knows what the size limits are; resize the damn thing, or, send a script to my pc that makes my pc resize to the appropriate size before accepting it. All I do is chose the file and click on it. Boom, done.

Tye one on

It seems that it takes money but no one has told me how much. Someone who was on dial up and doesn't own a cell phone or a tablet told me to send money. Once I know how much I might be willing to help.

Tye one on

If ya don't mind report back on how it works for the ipad. I'm guessing it will work as good or better than on the iphone.

I have been using forum runner per your recommendation, here is my evaluation. Forum runner works just as you said, great for loading pictures. I attended a snow cat jamboree this weekend and was able to load pictures throughout the weekend flawlessly. I don't like the way the forums look on forum runner so I won't use it to browse the forums because I like the way it looks on my Ipad without the app. I still am not clear why I can't just load my pictures on the forum site without some app or program to mess up my pictures but thanks for the recommendation, it came just in time for the track party. Thanks for all your help.