• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Things that bug the shit out of me - cda

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Despite my Zen exterior, lol, there are a number of things that bug the shit out of me. I find that knowing a person's pet peeves tells you a lot about their character. I'm willing to share mine. I hope the rest of you will do the same :)

What is the general rule of thumb around here regarding swearing? I know I could just read the FAQS but I'm asking anyway

It really bugs the shit out of me when I see all the new "Gummie" vitamins, and supplements for adults. The commercial I just watched said "Finally!"The first Complete women's gummie!"

WTF? If you're a grown up you should take your damn vitamin like an adult. Has society really grown so lazy that powering down a tablet is too much work? Have we all been waiting for this new method of candy/medicine/supplement to Finally be introduced?
Gummie Medicine... grrr.
fotolia_1114330_XS.jpg

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Also it bugs the shit out of me that the travel channel thinks we want to watch a mouth close up of Andrew Zimmern eating grubs, while he is fully mic'd. Good lord. it's horrifying.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What is the general rule of thumb around here regarding swearing? I know I could just read the FAQS but I'm asking anyway

It really bugs the shit out of me when I see all the new "Gummie" vitamins, and supplements for adults. The commercial I just watched said "Finally!"The first Complete women's gummie!"

WTF? If you're a grown up you should take your damn vitamin like an adult. Has society really grown so lazy that powering down a tablet is too much work? Have we all been waiting for this new method of candy/medicine/supplement to Finally be introduced?
Gummie Medicine... grrr.
fotolia_1114330_XS.jpg

As far as I know, we're free to say just about anything, but the C word is a no no, concerning those types of words.

Oh, and yeah.. the gummy vites.. what the fuck? <<<<-(see?):yum:

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Another thing that bugs the shit out of me.. The guy who did the ShamWow infomercials. Now he has a product called the schticky. I know it's not nice but when I see that commercial I can imagine how satisfying it would feel to feel his larynx crush in my hands. It's That bad.

schticky-lint-roller.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, quit picking on Gummie Vitamins.

Supplemental Sciences started in a single woman's kitchen. Vancouver Washington. In less than 5 years she has grown to a huge company that markets in Walmarts, Sams and other big chains.
Employs about 150 people.
A true American success story.

Ya'll are just mad 'cause you didn't think of it.
Besides,
I make a good buck in sampling programs off those guys.

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm not picking on any particular brand, just the concept itself. It bothers me that the powers that be assume that I can't take my vitamin like an adult.

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Thank you for the explanation also pirate girl. I tend to curse liberally and in some places that is frowned upon. I don't want anyone's delicate sensibilities to be offended. ;)

I seem to be having an issue posting images and I don't know why. Anyone else having issues, or is there something I should know?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to be having an issue posting images and I don't know why. Anyone else having issues, or is there something I should know?
No issues here.
Don't know, can't recall if you have to have a certain number of posts here in order to do that... but I doubt it.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I know, we're free to say just about anything, but the C word is a no no, concerning those types of words.

Oh, and yeah.. the gummy vites.. what the fuck? <<<<-(see?):yum:
gasp! u said 'fuk'. well, a revolution has begun. no. wait. changed my mind. if i typed as i swear....... :whistling: ohhhh, the profanities i utilize in a day. yeah.:wink:

Fairygirl

Assholes bug the shit out of me
People who can't write clearly and you have to guess what the hell they're saying.
Loud mouth people.
Ah, I could go on....

Fairygirl

Ohh I dunno, I think you were talking about Luvs.
Course, I'm stupid and haven't been around here long enough to figure things out as they come.
Luvs? What makes you think I'm talking about Luvs? I don't have a problem understanding what she writes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The thing that bugs the shit out of me is people who think that the government owes them something. Whether it is health care, a job, cheap gas whatever. Get however amount of jobs one needs and get to work and earn it and get off the ass. Worked for me. :smile:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you for the explanation also pirate girl. I tend to curse liberally and in some places that is frowned upon. I don't want anyone's delicate sensibilities to be offended. ;)

If you are having trouble posting images, the files might be too large.

Trakternut

One of my biggest pet peeves is people, in any situation, who just have to be the kingpin. People whose hackles raise when someone else gets a dab of the limelight. A few at my work like that. :ermm: