• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Steve Jobs DEAD; Apple Computer Stock Plummets

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Steve Jobs is actually alive, but that didn't stop Bloomberg from publishing his obituary, causing some investors to panic and seeing the stock drop over 2% . . . costing investors tens of millions of dollars.

Bloomberg accidentally kills Apple CEO Steve Jobs

Bloomberg financial newswire accidentally published a 17-page obituary of Apple CEO Steve Jobs yesterday.

It is common media practice to keep obituaries of the famous on file even when they are healthy, so that the obituary can be published at a moment's notice when the sad event occurs.

Apple's stock trading on the Nasdaq plunged nearly 2 percent when rumours of his ill-health surfaced when people started reporting about his gaunt appearance at the launch of the iPhone 3G. Jobs made a remarkable recovery from pancreatic cancer in 2004.

The New York Times has even cited one analyst saying that were Jobs to leave Apple unexpectedly, the company's stock would likely plunge 25 percent, because he is such a huge part of the company he co-founded.
"No one wants to die," Jobs told an audience at Stanford University in 2005.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
:pat: Caught me by surprise. That would have been the passing of an industry icon, possibly a modern life icon. Who's life hasn't been affected by the personal computer with a simple user interface that Jobs and Wozniak first placed in our homes?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I think he most likely is gay.

Most likely? I think you're still ticked that he dumped you. :gay:

By the way, when you say such things about a man in his position without evidence, do you open yourself up to slander charges? :poke:

Trakternut

Whether, or not, he is gay has no bearing on the spectacular successes he has achieved in the business and technical world. How many of us would bother with computers if we had to learn the "language" that once was a requirement to operate one? I know I wouldn't. If remembory serves right, each type of computer had its own language, so that further complicated things.
I wonder if Bloomberg "accidentally" dropped that tidbit knowing full well what the result would be. :shifty: Maybe some investigation is in order. :hammer: