• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

restarting a local RADIO STATION !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep , I am going to go for it if the guy that owns the stuff will let me . He went tits up and it is just setting at his house . Its a local station , under 5 watts .

I can see having a lot of fun with this since we don't get any radio stations unless they are huge and out of the big cities .

Looking for ideas but I plan on

4-8 hours a day
Guest speakers and disc jockeys
Country / oldies/blue grass/rock format
A sit com ( Made up by me) daily series. Sort of a cross between Hollywood Housewives and Ma & Pa Kettle put together
Talking book hour
A "Ask Big Al" advice colunm on dating ,love and marriage and other useless crap
Local weather report for different areas of our town (1/4 square mile of area )
Fake helicopter "Local Traffic report" Each morning with sound effects
A Dr. Rum story Moment
The Dog Day report on missing or found/loss critters ( wild or otherwise
Weekly Road Kill cooking class

Other ideas ???

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You could have a 5 minute farm report in the mornings for corn and other crop prices. Futures,beef and hog prices. Do these folks want a local station?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You could have a 5 minute farm report in the mornings for corn and other crop prices. Futures,beef and hog prices. Do these folks want a local station?

Hell yes they do ! The nearest town already does the farm report each day .

This radio station would be more like the local morning coffee shop crowd talk that goes on around here . A lot of Bull Shit with music added .:clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You could do a speak up session with locals getting a few minutes to air their beefs with things that upset them. Like poachers,trespassers etc. Give them a chance to get it off their chest so to speak. How about some local gals doing favorite recipes?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You could do a speak up session with locals getting a few minutes to air their beefs with things that upset them. Like poachers,trespassers etc. Give them a chance to get it off their chest so to speak. How about some local gals doing favorite recipes?

Local Gals Hell ! How about some local guys doing a camp fire cooking class on Dutch Oven Brownies !!!!!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The rest of the time you can have canned music like the radio stations here and they have an audience potential of over 100K.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
"Al's Country Store" where listeners call in or submit cards with stuff that they want to "Buy, sell or trade".

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. Sounds like you'd have a ball with this.

If you can get on the app they call "I heart Radio" we could all listen to you via the internet on our smart phones or computers. :thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about "The Poobah Drama Hour"?

You can talk about your health, rentals, laundry mat... :yum:

:hide:

grizzer

Local station here has a 1 hr weekly call in auction of business items (business in turn gets retail value of item in trade - air advertising) A mix of wheel alignments new lawnmower, car wash, eggs, milk, beef, restaurant coupons $10-20, used tractor, Hair, usually has a gun of sorts from the gun shop. Auction starts at half price ends in an hour. Winners pay the radio station, picks up item at the retailer.

BigAl's name is gonna be up in lights with Rush & Glenn Beck!!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al souunds like you are on your way to being the next Boss Hogg. would be fun don't forget LesNessmans Eye Witness Weather report, that's where he looks out the window and reports the weather he witnesses.i can see it now another wkrp ,too bad you couldn't get some right wing talk shows, i miss the G Gorden Liddy show. you could play both kinds of music country and western.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Al souunds like you are on your way to being the next Boss Hogg.

Exactly what I was thinkin'!! Next thing ya know, he'll be Mayor Al!! Good luck, Al!! Get your watts up and maybe us folks in SE Idaho can listen in.
Mike

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al souunds like you are on your way to being the next Boss Hogg. would be fun don't forget LesNessmans Eye Witness Weather report, that's where he looks out the window and reports the weather he witnesses.i can see it now another wkrp ,too bad you couldn't get some right wing talk shows, i miss the G Gorden Liddy show. you could play both kinds of music country and western.

Al, you should be able to afford Les's helicopter fot the traffic reports. :yum:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Al souunds like you are on your way to being the next Boss Hogg.

Exactly what I was thinkin'!! Next thing ya know, he'll be Mayor Al!! Good luck, Al!! Get your watts up and maybe us folks in SE Idaho can listen in.
Mike
i cn see it now his first piece of legislation, ban snow tracks thiokols from operating in his jurisdiction. that way he still have the tucker and bombi guys to pull the krusties home.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,,, What the hell ! I will go crazy sittin inside waiting on the weather to turn good so I can be outside .I might as well have a hobby . Besides this old world has gotten way to serious and it needs to laugh every now and then . Maybe I could make a few folks laugh at my back asswards life :unsure::wink:.
I would love to get my hands on some of those old radio western series shows they used to do and maybe a Buck Rogers too .!

So have I lost it big time and wasting my time or what ??

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh there is no doubt you have lost IT pal. But don't bother looking for IT. Aprtment construction, a laundry, a radio station........You seem to be having too good a time and frankly wouldn't know what to do with IT if you found IT.:yum::yum::yum:

Halucination or whimsey,,,,I say go ahead and enjoy:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al the radio program i used to like to listen to when we went camping up at glenallen alaska was Big John and Sparky. back then rv's didn't come with tv's and microwaves.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I talked with the owner yesterday and told him my plan . Looks like I wil not be "ON THE AIR" . He told me he has not had it running in more than 8 years and did not sound interested in getting it going again or selling it .

I then went to the FCC website on starting my own radio staion . Holy Shit ! Its not worth it . To many hoops to jump through unless I want to only broadcast 200 feet or less from the station .

This is a national disaster . I have a lot to say on radio . I could have been the next Paul Harvey and Ann Landers rolled into one .

So sadly this is my last broadcast on this subject .
Good Night from "KFAB" AM /radio <-( My super cool name for my staion)

As National Anthem plays softly in the back ground , he wipes tears from his eyes , signs off and powers down .:sad:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I talked with the owner yesterday and told him my plan . Looks like I wil not be "ON THE AIR" . He told me he has not had it running in more than 8 years and did not sound interested in getting it going again or selling it .

I then went to the FCC website on starting my own radio staion . Holy Shit ! Its not worth it . To many hoops to jump through unless I want to only broadcast 200 feet or less from the station .

This is a national disaster . I have a lot to say on radio . I could have been the next Paul Harvey and Ann Landers rolled into one .

So sadly this is my last broadcast on this subject .
Good Night from "KFAB" AM /radio <-( My super cool name for my staion)
Al i think krusty radio KSTY would be more fitting.
As National Anthem plays softly in the back ground , he wipes tears from his eyes , signs off and powers down .:sad:
Al i think krusty radio ,KSTY would be more fitting.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
That is sad, government has again intervened into the dreams of a youngster.:toilet:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, YouTube is your own very private radio / TV station. Broadcast when the mood hits you, I suppose you could even give a call in number line and record calls so you can replay the good ones. You could be a real internet personality. :thumb: