• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day!
I lost one of my hospice patients at 8:30.
Knew she was going to go soon, but not this soon.
She was ready.
We'll miss you, Grace.:flowers:

PG, I'm sorry to hear that. My M-I-L has been in a nursing home for the past year but is still consuming all our time and efforts. She's 98, heading towards 99 and she was supposed to be on her last legs at least 10 years ago but I swear the old bugger will outlast us all. :biggrin:

Today, I did a bunch of running around and picked up my Christmas present to me. I won't have time to clean it or shoot it until after Christmas but I'm really looking forward to it.

I finished painting the kitchen/back door today. It'll probably need a second coat tomorrow morning. My wife is getting frustrated with me because the prep work seems to take at least 5 times as long as the actual painting. I need someone to explain to her that is just the way it is... and always will be!!!! Not really, she is pretty tolerant.

I don't know what tomorrow will hold but there is still a lot of stuff to be done before family supper at our house on Christmas Eve.

PS. My wife has the inside of the house looking really pretty.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We didn't go crazy this year with Christmas. There aren't decorations all over the house. Just the tree and table beside it. Even gifts. We chose to keep it down to 4-5 gifts for each of the kids which includes one each from my wife's parents in Arizona for the winter. We did take the older boys on a weekend getaway a few weeks ago as part of their present. Being a blended family we know that they will be getting just as much on the other side.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Angelface

Apparently there is a mountain lion in town due to sightings... just yet another reason to stay inside this winter. Lol :ermm:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. Wouldn't want to run into one of those.

Last minute shopping this morning at the mall. The place opens at 10 so that's when I was there thinking there wouldn't be as many people. WRONG. Apparently half of the city thought the same as me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, I'm sorry to hear that. My M-I-L has been in a nursing home for the past year but is still consuming all our time and efforts. She's 98, heading towards 99 and she was supposed to be on her last legs at least 10 years ago but I swear the old bugger will outlast us all. :biggrin:

Oh don't be sorry, Grace had a good run. :biggrin:

I have to work tomorrow grrrr, but do have Christmas Day off, which is a good thing.
That's going to be my family time.
I do have to work New Years Eve too, but have New Years Day off.

Lunch was a big plate of scrambled eggs and chives with sliced tomato.
Dinner was Thai coconut soup (Amy's organic from the can) and crescent rolls from the blue tube.
Ate two of the crescents with the soup, mostly for dipping and covered the other 6 with Nutella to take to the young married couple next door, as part of a treat tray, along with some Rolo holiday wrapped caramels and Brach's peppermint nougats.
They loved it. :smile:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Today I'm eating Lindts assorted chocolates and going through my Grandmothers penny jar....nothing outstanding so far.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Realized this morning that I forgot stocking stuffers for she who must be obeyed. So off to Walmart I went with the scooter in tow. Rest is the agenda till about 3:30 then head off to set up and practice for the Christmas eve 5pm service that we're playing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Fairly quiet day at work for it being Christmas Eve.
Some of our residents went out to be with family and got in late.
Some will be going out for Christmas tomorrow.

I am looking forward to tomorrow to be with the sons and Grands.
Gretchen will go with me, just hope she can handle all the excitement.

There were so many goodies to get my hands on today from the holiday snack table.
Good thing all I packed to take along was a tuna salad sandwich lol

Tomorrow Ali is going to do a spiral ham with scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole.
She asked what she should make. Told her to keep it simple.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Soooooooo.. :yum:
Here I go again..

Wonderful day :D
Good food and much happiness!
Got home around 9:30 this evening.
Ty and Ali wanted Gretchen and me to spend the night, but I chose not to as she was a wreck from all the activity.
She spent the better part of the day hiding under the sofa and cowering in the laundry room.
She also threw up in the car on the drive home.
Took me a while to get that cleaned up off the passenger seat and to get her settled down.

The kids got me a nice Harry&David gift box, because they know I love it, some silver hoop earrings, Red Lobster gift card and a gas gift card... even though I told them I wanted nothing, being with them would be enough.
They all liked their gifts from me, which was cash and gift cards.
The babies got a whole bunch of presents from everyone else.

My ex and his wife stopped in for an hour.
I got a chance to talk to him about his Parkinson's diagnosis and could see the slight tremor in his hand and felt really sad for him.
His wife and I even had a nice chat, which I think made the boys happy from my glancing at them and watching the looks on their faces.

I hope you all had a good one too.
One thing about Christmas this year.. it seemed to come and go so fast.
In fact the whole month of December seemed to fly by up until now.

Now onward to a new year soon and better things.
America is going to be great again, innit?
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Had our usual Christmas Eve family supper at our house. Only 16 people this year. The days of 20 years ago when there used to be 40 plus seem as if they are gone forever. My wife's father and all 5 sets of uncles and aunts are gone. All their kids and grand kids have all scattered and built their own Christmas traditions. There's just us oldsters still hanging on but truthfully, I can't see it continuing too much longer.

We went over to the farm for present exchange and Christmas breakfast just as we've done for the last 35 years and almost 65 for my wife. That's another tradition that will be dying off in the near future.

I had an enjoyable time as always but you can tell that I'm saddened too. :sad:

We got a call from our son and texts from all the grand kids so, that was good and cheered me up a bit. After that I settled down to watch football ... and that was it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a quiet Christmas so far. Went to the 5pm service Christmas eve then the younger three kids went for supper with their other dad's family. He dropped them off at bedtime. The next morning we did the gift exchange with just us and the kids before going to the 10am service. Got home around lunchtime then the younger three went to their other dad's again for supper out at their grandparents. My wife spent the afternoon making cookies while I rested and watched old Christmas movies.

Since it was just the 3 of us we found a Chinese restaurant buffet open and went out for supper. Came back afterwards and delivered homemade cookies to the ambulance and firehall nearby.

This evening we have all the kids with us. So we're going to my aunts for supper. Supposedly my niece is in town and may be there too. Other than that it's quiet. My brother lives 4 hrs away and isn't able to get here this year for Christmas. Both of our sets of parents are snowbirds with mine in Texas and hers in Arizona for the winter.

Tomorrow we may take the kids sledding at a local hill. We'll see

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Relatively quiet Christmas this year. Had a few guests, had a nice little Christmas party Friday with a few friends, but that's about it.

My cousin who lived two doors from me past away though on Christmas Eve. He was 85, and died 30 years to the day that his daughter died. He had been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks and was expected to pass last week, but he held on till Christmas.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Quiet day here, except for some housework and laundry.
Never did storm, but it rained plenty.

Kept the eating on a lighter side.
Yogurt and fruit for breakfast, baked potato and salad for dinner.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am supposed to clean my work area today. I am having a lot of trouble getting into it. oh yea, doctors appointment....45 minutes away...ugg...didn't sleep well, the dog kept hogging the whole bed!

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Made a trip to the mall to bring a ring I got to be sized. Then took the kids to a sports shop for helmets and skates. Now at the church filling up water containers to freeze for an ice sculpture this weekend

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

The holidays are so stressful on pets. I feel bad for Gretchen. I brought Curtiss to my mothers so she could see him all grown up and she wanted to give him a piece of ham gristle because that was how she was brought up giving pets scraps, but he doesn't get anything I wouldn't eat myself!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Took down the Christmas tree and decorations today. Good day, mid 40's and sunny. Button up a few more things outside tomorrow then take the truck to the shop to get the thermostat replaced which is stuck open and causing the truck to burn more fuel then normal plus its sending a code to the ECU.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our tree is staying up till at least next week. I'll tackle it sometime the first week of January. Oh. BTW. Only 363 more shopping days till Christmas.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone want a free dog?

Family has been working for hours on a 1000 piece puzzle.

Look over an see Walter our new pup chewing on something. Yup, its a 999 piece puzzle now.

Our tree is staying up till at least next week.
Yup.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Our tree is staying up till at least next week. I'll tackle it sometime the first week of January. Oh. BTW. Only 363 more shopping days till Christmas.

Yeah, I'm not the sentimental type, but you guys probably have that figgered out by now. Once the holiday is over, get that damn fire hazard out of the house. And please don't remind me about next Christmas. Bah Humbug. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm ready to get it down and back to normal but things have been busy this week and I have to pace myself. Good sign that I overdid it today was going to the pharmacy this evening. It's only a couple blocks away but I still have to drive there. Park in front and walk to the back of the store. Get my prescription and walk back to the truck and I'm done for the night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a fun day at work.:unsure::whistling::wink:

We were short of aides today because of the upper respiratory and intestinal crap still going around, so we nurses were both nurse and aide today in the nursing home wings.

Even gave one lady her shower and did the check and change at last rounds.
Poopy butt cleaning was fun, especially when you wake them from a sound sleep and they aren't at all happy.
I asked the one aide how I did today.
She says "well, I thought it taking you 20 minutes to give Irene her shower was a bit long, but other than that.. you did good" LOL

Dinner was Arby's. Sliders (roast beef) 2.. with Horsey sauce and a small curly fries.

Theee Endah!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Early. .......um......er......very early start to the day. Up and at er at 3am to drive our oldest son to the airport to catch the early flight to Edmonton for his annual Christmas visit with the wicked witch in the west (oops did I say that out loud). He's 12 and flies alone. She booked him the early flight that boards at 515am.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He's 12 and flies alone. She booked him the early flight that boards at 515am.

He can sleep in the truck and only has to be awake enough to make it down the jetway to the plane. You have to be up at 3am fully awake.

I understand the WW of the West description. :hammer:

Take a nap when you get home.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Undecorated my apartment yesterday. Everything put away until next year.

Got a new computer table, which is a bit wobbly, but it frees up my kitchen table so I no longer have to eat over the sink.

Did laundry and changed the bed yesterday also, but didn't have poopy pants to change, thank God! :yum::yum::yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leaving to visit Notre Dame's Law School in a couple hours. Its a 90 minute drive, so we will go there, walk around a bit, then grab lunch near campus and drive back home.

Melen has not been accepted to Notre Dame, but we figure its a good time to go to visit the school and let her look around. Campus is closed so no formal tour, still, she's not seen the law school there and its one of her picks. Its close enough to visit so we shall go.

Tomorrow plan to drive south to Bloomington to see the IU Law School. That is a 3 hour drive so we will get out of the house early. She has been accepted there, has a scholarship, several lawyers we know recommended it, and Melen has never been to any part of that campus. I think it will surprise her, its actually a beautiful campus.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Lemme know when you find that 1909 S-VDB. :biggrin:

Well I did find a 1909 vdb, but it is so worn it's worth $10.00 tops! You need a microscope to see the vdb. Also a 1859 Indian Head worth $7.00. It's hard to believe these 100+ year old coins aren't worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.