• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

B12 auction Maine

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
anyone seen the B12 in person? what can you say about it, the auction company has little to no info about. thank you

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy to go scout it out for you if they allow a preview. It's right near where I need to fetch some Tucker parts and in the heart of "downeast dickering" fame!

oldsledz

That is a good friend of mine that passed away last year. it is a 1948 Bombardier B12 with the 251 cubic inch flat 6 Chrysler motor, 3 speed on the column. Pretty much original. I helped him get this 3 years ago in Quebec. He did all the bearings in the wheel system, new bearings and seals in the axle. Flushed out the gas tank. He passed before he could get the tracks back on. I went down and put them on, got it running and moved it in and out of his shop. He never got this on the snow. Driveline is nice, the plywood sides should be changed, but that is the easy part.

oldsledz

Not really. Most of the ones in Canada need some work too. To do one right from scratch is going to be 30K. 15k is the market price. To get one home from Canada at customs will cost over 1000.00. One has to go through a broker and that can be complicated at times. This one just needs plywood and some detail.
I know the person that bought it and he will make the machine nice.

oldsledz

Very nice piece. My friends and
I got that for him back in 2004. Found it on an island on Lake Of The Woods in Minnesota. He did a fine job of restoring it.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
some great restoration skills surely. Sounds like a great friend. Hope his collection lives on for others to share!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr addict,

are you telling us, you did not buy a single rig from this auction, pretty sure there was a couple machines that needed help?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I recently got a call from a motorcycle acquaintance that knew I liked old Tuckers. He presented a divorce sale I couldn't pass up and ended up with this litter of 7 skidoos 60's to early 70's which really goes against by arctic cat beliefs. Came with another 9 motors, and truck loads of parts. Doesn't look like much but three nice runners in there. Keeping a few runners unloading the rest.

Making sure I keep the wife happy so my toys aren't next!

Have one on an IV now as you can see breathing life back into it! It's checking out of the shelter this weekend and next patients are coming in.

Can't buy much now. Saving up to buy a unicorn!

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7578.jpg
    IMG_7578.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 114