• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1644 on Craigslist

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd say. When I was still involved with the snowclub we bought a 4 year old lam trac for less than that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. Having operated both a tucker and a lamtrac I'd vote for the lamtrac any day.

On a hard packed trail pulling a drag, the tucker felt that the instant you veer even a couple feet off the trail into the soft stuff it you have to fight to keep the whole machine from getting sucked in to the deep stuff. I didn't have that with the lamtrac. Both would pull the same and climb about the same. Just that sensation of having to fight the steering all the time makes me vote lamtrac

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

every cat has its good points and bad points-----if you have twisty trails---tucker---if you have straight runs----pistenbully ---but anyways----how about the guy that is a tucker dealer and he is sitting with nothing to do-----lol-----and he is on cl. and he comes to an add for a used tucker---lets say a used 1644----and its at the tucker factory as a trade in and the ad says call factory----nice to see the factory does back door deals-------------one big OUCH to tucker dealers-----

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
every cat has its good points and bad points-----if you have twisty trails---tucker---if you have straight runs----pistenbully ---but anyways----how about the guy that is a tucker dealer and he is sitting with nothing to do-----lol-----and he is on cl. and he comes to an add for a used tucker---lets say a used 1644----and its at the tucker factory as a trade in and the ad says call factory----nice to see the factory does back door deals-------------one big OUCH to tucker dealers-----

My understanding is Tucker has an east coast dealership- Get-Sno Equipment in Newport, Vermont (Formerly Cook's Equipment) and a midwest dealership - Track, Inc in Bloomington, Minnesota. The Tucker factory handles the western US. I believe the factory takes trades in on new machines and just like a car dealership "wholesales" some machines and resells others. (If you look at Tucker's website they have several machines for sale.)

In fact, the 1980 1644 in the Craigslist ad is also listed on Tucker's website and there's more detail: Chrysler 318 V-8, 4-speed transmission, front winch, 834 hours. Nice 1644's are hard to find, but I was just really surprised at the price...