• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

srexecmark

We have had one storm after another since last Wednesday! I have only had 65 minutes of solar power generation (other than the minimal stuff i get even when it is cloudy as long as I keep the panels shoveled) There is now 72" in the flat areas with more where it drifted the other night. Here are a few pictures:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVi...1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfolderid=2007

PhotoView.jsp

PhotoView.jsp

Attachments

• 100_0474.jpg
    100_0474.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_0473.jpg
    100_0473.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_0482.jpg
    100_0482.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_0479.jpg
    100_0479.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 345

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have had one storm after another since last Wednesday! I have only had 65 minutes of solar power generation (other than the minimal stuff i get even when it is cloudy as long as I keep the panels shoveled) There is now 72" in the flat areas with more where it drifted the other night. Here are a few pictures:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVi...1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfolderid=2007

PhotoView.jsp

PhotoView.jsp

Man, sure looks like fun..........Did Santa leave any Tucker parts?:)

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Oh man I am just Jonzen to get some really really deep powder! So far we have only about 3' at most. Not the 20 or so we usually have this time of year. That means January will get really scary with all the snow fall we get when Dec is dry! We have just caught the outer edge of each snow storm.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have tons of snow where we are visiting in Colorado. :thumb: We went snowmobiling with the family yesterday and even caught the groomer out working. The snow is at or over the tops of the fences in many locations we were yesterday. I will hate to return home to our windblown snow but it is getting better in WY also. I will post more pics of our fun yesterday under off road of the great snow and snowmobile fun we had yesterday.

Prinoth/Bombardier Groomer with Tiller
Groomer.jpg

Back Of Snow Cat.jpg

mtmogs

We've got 3' in our valley at 3100' elevation, 85" at 6300' with more powder coming down as we speak. The sun came out this morning for a change so I snapped the panorama.

Wishing all a snowy new year.

Attachments

• nfork_pano_filtered_sm.jpg
    nfork_pano_filtered_sm.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 293

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:cry: WTF????? We had between 3&4 ft of snow two days ago. Temps went above freezing for a day and now we're down to 2 feet on the level. Very weird! One good thing though. Our town received the most snow since 1992 for the month of december.

snowbird

I don't know what the official snow depth is, but it's sure depressing to have my newly-restored SV200 sitting in my shop instead of cruising through snow. We can see way too much grass and dirt. Could some of you with bunches of snow send some our way? Our -20 windchill would certainly keep it from thawing.

Snowcat Pat

1/17/08
5 feet on the snowstake, El.4350'
17deg.F
deep powder...........
.....leaves time only for snowboarding and parts shipping.
-Pat

Snowcat Pat

1/17/08
5 feet on the snowstake, El.4350'
17deg.F
deep powder...........
.....leaves time only for snowboarding and parts shipping.
-Pat

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have about 3 to 4 feet of snow in most areas of the Big Horn Mtns on the ground now. The wind in WY moves the snow to elsewhere quickly. You can have areas completely blown dry and drifts 20 foot deep close by. It is a guessing game on the total snow because of the wind factor.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RIVERTON WY
348 AM MST SUN JAN 20 2008
A WINTER STORM WILL INTENSIFY TODAY...SPREADING SNOW AND STRONG WINDS INTO THE BIGHORN MOUNTAINS. THE STORM WILL CONTINUE THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING. SNOWFALL OF 10 TO 20 INCHES IS EXPECTED IN THE BIGHORN MOUNTAINS. STRONG WINDS WILL ALSO CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW WITH VERY POOR VISIBILITY. ADDITIONALLY...VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL BE FOUND OVERNIGHT. THE COMBINATION OF THESE TEMPERATURES WITH STRONGER WINDS WILL CREATE WIND CHILLS APPROACHING 30 BELOW ZERO.

Here is a pic of my ex-VMC as I drove it along the county road to the trailer taking it to WA state last Friday. It now has a new home near Yakima and I own one less snow cat. :thumb: The snow is piled 4+ foot deep along the road and 6 inches in the open where the wind has blown it into South Dakota and Nebraska. I hope the wind settles down as I see that as part of the global climate change in our area due to the hot air spewed by Al Gore and its affects on WY weather.
snowcats c.JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I like all snow cats. As mbsieg said I just want to try them all....:thumb: We still have our tried, true and trusty 1200 LMC, restoration project 1950 Tucker 443, restored 1960 Tucker Kitten, new to us F250 with Mattracks. I am again snow cat shopping for something with potential. I would like to find a decent late model Tucker with blade for my use to see how it does in my environment for my home access. :snow2_smi:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Cool. Didn't you have a sno trac once?

Yes, the FBI rig was left in my care for a while. It was too nice of a snow cat for me too torture with our limited wind blown snow conditions. Teledawg has the right snow conditions, ability to use and care for the FBI Snowmaster....:thumb:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
That is the nicest Track Master I have ever seen! At least now she has a better snow depth home! Anyone hear from Teledawg lately?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres my back fence. There is 4 feet snow there. One year the snow was so deep there when I opened the gates (after shuveling the inside) I had a wall of snow facing me!

teledawg

That is the nicest Track Master I have ever seen! At least now she has a better snow depth home! Anyone hear from Teledawg lately?

I'm here lurking. Just got my Trelleborg T522 4.00-4 tire and tube order in so I've been dealing with that.
All 52 of them are already spoken for. :applause:I knew they wouldn't last long.

Getting ready to take the FBI Rig out in the snow again soon with a few new tires on it. :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1267 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1267 (Small).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1268 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1268 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a cool idea for a snow guage that a town just south of me has been using for the past few years.

Attachments

• 000073.jpg
    000073.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 000075_small.jpg
    000075_small.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 000074_small.jpg
    000074_small.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 000091_small.jpg
    000091_small.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 288

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm, looks like it doesn't get very deep around there. Must be Lametrac country. Here's what we use out here in Kristi country...

Attachments

• AdB16-56coors.jpg
    AdB16-56coors.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 286