• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blizzard!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my. You folks really caught it.

I shouldn't tell you this because you are going to form a posse and hunt me down but it is Spring here. My Chinese Magnolia tree is blooming, the roses are leafing out, and the birds are singing while they gather nesting material.
NOPE, no posse.

I really like winter and snow. Only thing I wish is that we could have more :hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I shouldn't tell you this because you are going to form a posse and hunt me down but it is Spring here. My Chinese Magnolia tree is blooming, the roses are leafing out, and the birds are singing while they gather nesting material.

Well, I can assure you there are no blooming trees here and the only singing birdies are in my head. :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Pushed snow for 4 hours yesterday. Today I will see how much drifted back with the wind overnight. -8 right now so I ain't in a rush to go outside yet.:hammer:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My tractor and blower (Buhler/Farm King 600) are smaller, but I had the same effect on several of my neighbors when I found them outside this morning with little push blowers that were straining. My blower has drift busters that reach up to about 4.5' and I had a couple places that strained my tractor/blower but it got through them.

Never could figure out why someone who is surrounded by fields, has a 150' or longer driveway, would buy one of those tiny snowblowers that is designed for little suburban lots . . . but several of the folks up and down my road have those tiny things. Not sure that some of those small blowers could have actually completed those drives today. We had about 8 to 12" of heavy/wet snow under a 6" layer of powder snow since the temps dropped about 1/2 way through the storm.

Know what you mean about tiny snow blowers and 4-5 foot tall drifts. When I pulled into a neighbors who was straining with his little blower, hopeless against the drift he had. The smile on his face was priceless, wish i had a camera.... My Uni blower took care of it in minutes... I love the cab, the hydrostat, and the fact that I am sitting forward, and never have to turn around till I back up. Rear mounts are OK, but when you put the blower on the front, it is sooo much nicer..

Regards, Kirk

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

I don't mind, I didn't want to go outside until spring anyways....:soapbox:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If you live in snow country you gotta have a snow blower with at least a 30" clearing path and 10HP engine. My pre MTD White Blower with its 10HP Tecumseh engine is a beast. Of course, there are limits and one needs to be sensible and not over work the engine just like anything else. Slow and steady wins the race.

Never had an issue in the 12 years I have owned it and I sure live in snow country. She gets used from November to April.

-22F this morning. Another Nor'Easter possible for Thursday and more frigid air for the end of the week. The local weatherman keeps using the same word over and over. Relentless. LOL.

Stay warm chaps!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are due for 2-3" inches tomorrow morning.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
NOPE, no posse.

I really like winter and snow. Only thing I wish is that we could have more :hammer:

If you would like more and are willing to pay the shipping, I will send you all you need. Seriously, though, I do not mind it either and if we are going to have these frigid temps, then plenty of snow cover is required. My water line to the house is 250 feet long and buried 6 feet, which is enough with plenty of snow cover.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you would like more and are willing to pay the shipping, I will send you all you need. Seriously, though, I do not mind it either and if we are going to have these frigid temps, then plenty of snow cover is required. My water line to the house is 250 feet long and buried 6 feet, which is enough with plenty of snow cover.

Just run the snow through your FAX machine, I'll set mine in the front yard to recieve your snow. Its cheaper than trying to pack it up and mail it :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just run the snow through your FAX machine, I'll set mine in the front yard to recieve your snow. Its cheaper than trying to pack it up and mail it :yum:

Got it! I have a feeling things are going to get a bit sloppy in the wife's office though. :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Great news....the 4 to 8 inches of snow that we were expecting for Saturday will not materialize. It seems it is going to be warmer than expected, (near 40°,) so we are looking for rain this weekend. Hopefully it will wash away a lot of this snow.:clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Because the front is not going as far south as expected, we are now being forecast for 12-18 inches Sunday through Tuesday. More snow the better for us up here. -25F this morning. We need lots of snow cover with these cold temps.

Yesterday, I replaced the electric motor on my snow blower for chute rotation to a hand crank. The motor kept freezing up and would not work. Cost me $30 bucks for a used crank assembly, but worth it. It's been a problem for the last few years and I just got sick of dealing with it. The electric motor was a stupid idea and just a sales gimmick. The hand crank works faster. :big grin:

I psyched and ready to go!!!:clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now they predict 50 miles north or south could change ours from 16" to 6". I need to plow back the drifts in the worst way. Could barely get home from the cancer center today. Town boys are pushing back every where it drifts to have room for more. I hope it is snow and not freezing rain. I kept the chains on the truck and the bed is loaded with wood.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Now they predict 50 miles north or south could change ours from 16" to 6". I need to plow back the drifts in the worst way. Could barely get home from the cancer center today. Town boys are pushing back every where it drifts to have room for more. I hope it is snow and not freezing rain. I kept the chains on the truck and the bed is loaded with wood.

Yeah, that's what I heard as well, 50 miles either way for us makes a big difference as well. Stay warm Muley and stay well, brother. :clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, this storm was another bust. We were supposed to get 12-20cm of snow from a cell coming through friday into saturday. It snowed a bit yesterday. We may have gotten 2-3" total ringing us to a grand total of 10" on the level for the year so far. Back home only 3 hrs away they have close to 3 feet so far.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Well, this storm was another bust. We were supposed to get 12-20cm of snow from a cell coming through friday into saturday. It snowed a bit yesterday. We may have gotten 2-3" total ringing us to a grand total of 10" on the level for the year so far. Back home only 3 hrs away they have close to 3 feet so far.

Yep the forecatsers got it wrong with this one. They were calling for up to 8 inches of snow on Saturday. They then changed it to freezing rain, then to just rain. Got nothing on Sat. Today when I got up I checked the forecast and they said it was raining and will change to freezing rain and then snow by tonight. We still haven't got a drop of rain or snow so far. Hopefully we'll dodge a bullet today and it will pass us by.

Leni

We had rain yesterday and clear blue skies today. Naturally it started to rain the minute I stepped out of the house with the desktop on the way to Best Buy. Darn thing has picked up a virus.