• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BR60 wanted

sledder

I have an 80's SW48 with widened track but it only seats one.
Am looking for a BR60 to move up but stay small for grooming our
dog sled trails in the woods.

Anyone have BR60? Trades partial or otherwise possible?

Here is my rig - winch and blade.

Attachments

• IMG00579-20110223-1131.jpg
    IMG00579-20110223-1131.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 595

northeastheavy

You will enjoy a br60 over your sw48. Big difference all around, kind of like a sw48 on steroids!!! Great machine. Have a 1992 BR60+ I really don't want to sell, but may have to put it on the market. Right now only a big offer might budge me, but they are just not that common and not that easy to find, especially the BR60+. Really did well in deep powder once I learned handle it and on hard pack, like we have now it just handles great!!!! Has all the comforts like air seats, lots of glass, heated mirrors, 29" tracks, easy in and out and quiet with the rear engine and I dont even have a muffler!! Big cab!! If you like your sw48, you will really like a br60!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 545

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
BR 60s are cool. Looks to me they have the tracks and shortened drivetrain of a Skidozer but the cab is facing the other way.

northeastheavy

I think you are right on that!!! The more you look at the br60 the more it looks like a skidozer the other way around!!!! Ones rear drive and the other front drive!! Anyone know for sure???l

timandkim

very nice machine northeastheavy what motor and trans is in that machine do you ever use it in the summer????

tim

northeastheavy

The regular BR60 come with a 4cyl perkins diesel(88hp) with a chrysler 5 speed. The BR60+ has the same perkins, but with a turbo(now up to 110hp) and a allison AT545 auto trans!! At545's are a solid hd trans around forever. The upgraded engine and trans is the plus package I think!!
This is my first winter with it!! I am amazed lately with the hard packed trails, it just flys up the hills like power is no issue, As a groomer should do great!! Have not used it in the summer, but if the grousers and tracks can take the terrain, should not be a problem. Nice smooth, powerful, comfy, with all the convenience of a modern machine, including a great heater!!! Have had 2 bombi's, sw48, muskeg and snowmasterl st4b, and this one is the keeper!!! Now maybe its time for a project as this one's not spending much time in the barn!!!
Tom

russ1111sled

Very interesting, thanks for the pics of your BR60.
I note a steering wheel... how does that work, is it connected to the brake bank system somehow?
Will be winding down on grooming pretty quick here, did a midnight groom the other night and not expecting more snow.
I would have to sell my unit before considering an offer to you but send me a PM with what $ might take for your unit. I note the range seems to be low of $10k up. There was one in Que for $18,500 but I did not pursue it. The Cdn dollar being above par makes US purchases more feasible.

northeastheavy

The steering wheel only operates the rear hydraulics to the ram-steer on a drag. When you don't have a drag on, you steer with the 2 hydraulic levers on the drivers seat that control the differential steering. Nice having 2 systems!! Have never used the ram-steer as I have no drag. Neat Machine though!!!!! Will sent you a pm about prying my BR60+ out of my possession!!!!! It won't be easy!!!!:brows:
icon14.gif