• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got a Flat Bogey last night! --- I need Villi's tool!!! --

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was out playing around in the dark last night and when I got back into the garage I found a flat bogey :poster_oo

Now all I need is Villi's tool and MORE SNOW. Villi, is there any chance you can send take measurements of your tool so I can duplicate it here?

We finally have cold weather but the weekend's snowfall was not really enough to have much fun. This has been a strange winter, not much cold and not much snow. :bitterCol

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 262

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Got a Flat Bogey last night! I need Villi's tool!!!

Mike, I'd gladly make you one too. All we need is for Villi to send us some good measurements!

Villi, are you getting the hint? :poke:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I dont care what BigAl says about you. Your alright! :alc:

That guy owns a "Kristi" -- Enough said!:gay:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
That guy owns a "Kristi" -- Enough said!:gay:

GEE BOB ! Did you break down ???!!! That's too bad .... Need a ride back in my kristi ??? :yum: :yum: .

BigAl:coolshade

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Thanks Bob,
I dont care what BigAl says about you. Your alright! :alc:

Oh yea!!!!! Great observation !!! From one mental case to another .:smileywac
Oh ,by the way , your shoes are on the wrong feet again .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
GEE BOB ! Did you break down ???!!! That's too bad .... Need a ride back in my kristi ??? :yum: :yum: .

Nope Allen, one of the beautiful things about these Snow Tracs is that they will operate even with a couple flat tires. I only noticed the problem in my post trip inspection. Now in somehing like a Kristi you have fewer tires and consequently there is a greater load on each one, so you'd probably be stuck on the side of the road in your Kristi while soccer moms, driving their 2wd Minivans zip right past you and their drooling kids stare in wonderment why there is a funny looking fiberglass Kristi boat-thingy on jack stands by the side of the road :pat:

But if I drove by, I would stop to help you. . . after I stopped laughing :moon:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Hey, Bob.

I'm on the outside lookin' in on the whole snow-trac scene, but those boogey tires look suspiciously similar to light aircraft tires. An inexpensive soruce for spares (if they are the same size) could be your local airport. They will probably GIVE you 'unairworthy' tires/tubes. (Thin tread, checking, ect.)

Just a thought from the outside.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Got a Flat Bogey last night! I need Villi's tool!!!

B_Skurka said:
Mike, I'd gladly make you one too. All we need is for Villi to send us some good measurements!

Villi, are you getting the hint? :poke:

Just a bit of an update, I checked my scrap steel at home and could find no heavy wall steel tube/pipe so I went to my neighbor's garage and found some very nice pieces of 3/4" round steel rod. :D That should make an excellent lower section of the "Villi Tool" and if I cut a slot in it, it should also make an ultra strong upright piece too. The price was right too since he didn't catch me :whistle:

I have some stout angle iron that will be used to make the lever portion of the tool, but I'll have to do some cutting to get it to work right. I think I may have to buy a bit of chain, I can't seem to find any of that laying around the garage/shop. Other than buying a bit of chain, I'll just have to wait a bit for Villi to get us some measurments and I'll be welding up a couple "Villi tools" and putting one to quick use.

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
:whistle: Hey has anyone ever filled his tires with foam? they don,t go flat then!Seems to work for me

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
roughwoods said:
:whistle: Hey has anyone ever filled his tires with foam? they don,t go flat then!Seems to work for me

Larry, I believe "Arlow" in British Columbia foam filled his tires too. I was planning on using "Slime" in mine. I've had very good luck with "Slime" in my tractor tires. My lawn and garden tractors have often looked like porcupines because I have about 1000 Hawthorn trees on my property . . . If you are not familiar with native Hawthorn trees, they have very hard spike like thorns about 1.5" long that can easily puncture a tire or the bottom of a tennis shoe.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
On my trip I learned through the group that they hate their foam filled tires. The ride becomes harder. Now if your in deep soft snow then it wont matter.