• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thoughts and Prayers for a friend

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I just learned that a friend of mine has had a horrible loss. Her parents house burned last night and her little brother did not escape. She has overcome a lot in the last two years including drug addiction. Please take a moment to lift up her and her family in the wake of this tragedy.

Thanks so much!
Jeremy

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Poor girl. Prayers for her and her family.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
They were close in age and close in general... watching my FB feed is gut wrenching

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Brian.

This is actually the second HS kid to pass away this fall in that community of only 3700 people. The first was fatally injured when some friends accidentally ran over him while horsing around on a country road. He was brain dead in a coma for a week. It's hard to wrap your brain around the pain these kids are dealing with.

Leni

Prayers for all of them but especially her. Staying off drugs is very hard and an ongoing process. Sure hope that this does not put her back there.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Prayers for all of them but especially her. Staying off drugs is very hard and an ongoing process. Sure hope that this does not put her back there.

I would be SHOCKED if it did. She recently had a baby with her long time boyfriend and been out of inpatient almost 18 months. She is kicking ass at sobriety. Her boyfriend is a great guy and good influence. I am confident she will continue on the right path.

Leni

I would be SHOCKED if it did. She recently had a baby with her long time boyfriend and been out of inpatient almost 18 months. She is kicking ass at sobriety. Her boyfriend is a great guy and good influence. I am confident she will continue on the right path.

Glad to hear that she's got a lot going for her. My cousin lost her younger brother in a plane crash. He flew US mail. It was a very difficult time for all of us but especially her. She received a letter that had been on the plane he was flying, singed and partially burned.