• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Law of Physics Could Explain Quantum Mysteries

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
OK..... here is the intro. If you find it difficult to follow, I dont know if clicking the link would be adviseable :doh::biggrin:

PhysOrg.com) -- Since the early days of quantum mechanics, scientists have been trying to understand the many strange implications of the theory: superpositions, wave-particle duality, and the observer’s role in measurements, to name a few. Now, a new proposed law of physics that describes the geometry of physical reality on the cosmological scale might help answer some of these questions. Plus, the new law could give some clues about the role of gravity in quantum physics, possibly pointing the way to a unified theory of physics.

CONTINUED: http://www.physorg.com/news169725980.html

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I didnt have problems with it!!!!

Attachments

• bite_me.jpg
    bite_me.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 63

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Sushi, so you're saying you understand quantum tunneling, phase states, and heisenberg's uncertainty principle - without resorting to schroedinger's cat?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi, so you're saying you understand quantum tunneling, phase states, and heisenberg's uncertainty principle - without resorting to schroedinger's cat?

I have two cats of my own! I dont need HIS too! Now regarding the rest I somewhat understand. Quantun tunnelling is the process of a particle (or atom I forgot) going thru a barrier and doing so does NOT decrease the energy but DOES decrease the frequncy/ampalitude. Heusenburg thing means you cant measure a quantum particles position or speed precisely if you have more than one youre lookin' at. I think phase states are the.... ehhhhh.... I forgot. :neutral:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Schroedinger doesn't have cat (because he himself is dead, and not concurrently alive - of course, I guess I can't prove the lack of some form of his existential existance, so perhaps neither can I prove he doesn't have a cat...... but now we're mixing physics and philosophy, which [for no other reason than to tie in another thread] I'll leave to John Galt); however, seeing how you have two, I'm sure one could see the greater good in giving you a lesson in quantum physics..... unfortunately [given my limited realm of knowledge in this topic] to physically test the experiment would require the very observation which proposes the paradox in the first place, so maybe you're better just asking your cats to explain it to you [I'm positive your cats would prefer that solution].

Last edited: