• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump's Military Parade Not So Unusual

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
While the left is losing their minds over president Trump’s desire to have a military parade on the 4th of July, in the early days of the American presidency it was common for a president to review a military parade on the Fourth of July. According to a timeline established by American University librarian James Heintze, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Martin Van Buren, and James Polk all reviewed military parades on America’s independence day.

Outside of those 4th of July parades, there have been quite a few. Let’s take a look:

*Grand Review of the Armies
Held on May 23 and 24, 1865, President Andrew Johnson declared that Civil War hostilities over on May 10 and called for a formal review of the troops, according to the nonpartisan Civil War Trust. “The event, huge in scale and pageantry, generated a near-carnival atmosphere that did much to diminish the pall that had settled on the city following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln,” an article about Lincoln’s funeral and the Grand Review explains.

*Army Day Parade in 1942
More than 30,000 men and women marched down Fifth Avenue in New York City for Army Day Parade in 1942, an occurrence The New York Times heralded as the “first big military display” of the war. Victory parades also celebrated the war’s end, including a display led by the 82nd Airborne Division under General James M. Gavin down the Fifth Avenue in New York City.

https://milnenews.com/2019/07/04/tr...u-s-presidents-have-held-them-on-4th-of-july/

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I just love how Trump triggers these leftists.

He does something ever day to do so. They are showing their true colors.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I just love how Trump triggers these leftists.

He does something ever day to do so. They are showing their true colors.

Me too. I revel in it. However, they are so stupid and ignorant it is almost no fun to see them triggered. Like the guy on the job that is so gullible, it is not even fun to pull his chain. :th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Since when does a President of the USA not want to lead our nation's celebration if independence from the Tyrant King? :Angry2:
Since when is that not, at the very least, appropriate?:Angry2:
John Adams said the Fourth of July Celebrations, Independence from England, should be like Christmas.
:ThumbsUp:
Trump wants to celebrate our nation's birthday with free citizens, armed forces, parades, and military hardware. It's not for politics but because the President wants to and he can.:Trump2:

We could every year,,, and we should!!!!!!
So he will.:TrumpSmiley: