• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Verzion rip off

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Just read thru some (what I thought was) junk mail, I usually just throw bulk rate mail into the trash, but, for some reason I decided to read this one.

It was from Verzion , who I have a basic phone contract with.

It congregated me about making a smart decision by purchasing a Verizion phone and plan.... my phone and plan are over 5 years old, and not new.

Then it went on about their insurance plan and the monthly cost, coverage, and deductible for lost/broken phones.

I think to myself, I don't want or need insurance on my phone.

Then, I read the details, and there is a line on the brochure that states that by me paying my regular monthly bill, that I accept the insurance and agree to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a phone number listed to call Verizion/Asurion to cancel the "insurance".

I call 1 866 844 0438,....... and wait for it............. a recorded voice answers and says the call can not be completed as dialed

Tomorrow I go to the verizon office and ask a few pointed questions

Bottom line, if you have a Verizion phone LOOKOUT for this sneaky insurance scheme.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought my Samsung phone at a Verizon store.
I use the refill card for data on a monthly plan.
Not once has there been a charge for insurance, but now what used to be a flat $75.00 per month is now $86 and some change.
Not happy about it, but oh well.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow: Thanks for the heads up. What a rip off.

Who would want insurance on a 5 year old phone? :bonk: At AT&T the rep advised me to keep the insurance for the first year, then drop it. That is exactly what I did. Looking back I still probably paid to much in insurance costs but I would never insure any phone over a year old.