• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Driver's License Renewal!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
What a load of crap this is. The state now wants a CERTIFIED copy of my birth certificate, SS Card, and two forms of documentation proving I live where I say I do in order to renew my license. It also states that I cannot renew by mail, I have to go in person to do it because my picture is more then 2 years old and they want a new one. Plus they need to question me (interrogate?) in person.

This is how the citizen is treated now in this country. What a load of crap. Now I'm heading off to the City Clerks office and pay money to get a "certified" copy of my birth certificate because they will not accept my copy I have at home.

People wonder why I rant and rave about our stupid government and the crummy way they treat it's citizens. Just pisses me off.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you were illegal they'd probably mail em to ya. Or they'd deliver them in person with a signed letter from Obama. :bonk:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Feel free to borrow mine:wink:

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 163

Kane

What a load of crap this is. The state now wants a CERTIFIED copy of my birth certificate, SS Card, and two forms of documentation proving I live where I say I do in order to renew my license. It also states that I cannot renew by mail, I have to go in person to do it because my picture is more then 2 years old and they want a new one. Plus they need to question me (interrogate?) in person.

This is how the citizen is treated now in this country. What a load of crap. Now I'm heading off to the City Clerks office and pay money to get a "certified" copy of my birth certificate because they will not accept my copy I have at home.

People wonder why I rant and rave about our stupid government and the crummy way they treat it's citizens. Just pisses me off.
That's what ya git for causing so much trouble over the years, TR. Seems like now yer on "The List".

PS: or haven't ya noticed those black helicopters flying over at night?

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I went through the same thing about 4 years ago in Florida.
the new license will have a holographic imbedded image that they say can not be counterfeted.

you could also use different things to "prove" you are a citizen, utility bills, rent receipts, employers pay statements,.... ect.

now all the illegals in Fl have them.

Leni

I renewed my license by mail for 5 years then I had to go in and get a new picture and take the written test. I aced the test. I'm okay for the next 5 years at least unless I start collecting tickets. Haven't had any for 40 some years.

Same here in Ca. I never carry my Social Security card or Medicare card. I'd end up with 30+ illegals using it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

As far as I know, a valid Birth Certificate is one that is a certified copy or has the original raised stamp on it. You should already have one as they're the most common document to get a license, passport or otherwise.

Now, let's think about this for a minute. They actually want to make sure someone is who they say they are to get a State issued form of identification. That seems fair to me.

Without this validation, I don't believe it would be fair if you ever bitched about the government giving out ID's to people who don't deserve them...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

I went through the same crap and I had to get a new birth certificate that looked like one with a raised colored seal as my original which was a dod document wasn't acceptable any more any one wanna guess how much was spent with one government agency because another agency wouldn't accept their documents issued back in 1966.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I went through the same thing about 4 years ago in Florida.
the new license will have a holographic imbedded image that they say can not be counterfeted.

you could also use different things to "prove" you are a citizen, utility bills, rent receipts, employers pay statements,.... ect.

wrong in accordance with tsa you now must have a ss card and birth certificate with matching birthdates so big brother can keep an eye on you

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
wrong in accordance with tsa you now must have a ss card and birth certificate with matching birthdates so big brother can keep an eye on you
never thaught of it this way now that we have a brother for a president ,it kind of brings new meaning to the saying big brother is watching you

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
As far as I know, a valid Birth Certificate is one that is a certified copy or has the original raised stamp on it. You should already have one as they're the most common document to get a license, passport or otherwise.

Now, let's think about this for a minute. They actually want to make sure someone is who they say they are to get a State issued form of identification. That seems fair to me.

Without this validation, I don't believe it would be fair if you ever bitched about the government giving out ID's to people who don't deserve them...

Yup, my copy of my birth certificate does have the raised seal..........but, it is not printed on the special paper that is now needed with the state logo on it. That is my bone of contention in all this. I have no problem proving who I am, but who decided the age old birth certificates we used forever are no longer valid?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, my copy of my birth certificate does have the raised seal..........but, it is not printed on the special paper that is now needed with the state logo on it. That is my bone of contention in all this. I have no problem proving who I am, but who decided the age old birth certificates we used forever are no longer valid?
and I'm betting like mine there is a fee that goes with it. horse crap! if the state no longer honors the paper work they gave me at birth they owe me a new form free of charge.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
and I'm betting like mine there is a fee that goes with it. horse crap! if the state no longer honors the paper work they gave me at birth they owe me a new form free of charge.

$10. Which basically amounts to yet another hidden tax. I guess that is what pisses me off the most in all this. :doh::smile:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
you are lucky mine was an embassy document ,cost me a hundred I hope like Obama for a hundred bucks I got the long form.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
You got off easy. In new jersey, you needed five points of id. When my wife's purse was stolen with all her doc in it they would not give her a duplicate license, because, she couldn't prove who she was.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting.
So, you are in their files. They have a picture of you but will not replace a lost drivers license. So you have to go get other key docs ...most of which do not have a pic. Birth cert. SS card, utility bill etc. Then they will reissue a drivers license. :bonk: Seems backwards to me. Not a ding on your state, no doubt mine is probably the same.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
What Doc said seems to be true here in Arizona seems like anyone can get a drivers license with NO documents because the Feds say that we have to issue them to illegal Mexicans!

Last edited:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter

NO, the info I posted is correct, TSA has nothing to do with it .

below are the Florida requirements that are in effect as of today:

A driver license from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
School record stating date of birth, which must contain the registrar’s signature.
Transcript of the birth record filed with a public officer charged with the duty of recording certificates.
Baptism certificate, which shows date of birth and the place of baptism.
Family Bible record or birth announcement in a baby book
An insurance policy on the customer’s life which has been in force for at least two years and has the month, day and year of birth.
United States military or military dependent identification card.
An identification card from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
Florida license record or identification card record.
Selective Service Registration (Draft Card).
Florida Vehicle Registration certificate (HSMV 83399, owner’s copy) obtained from the tax collector’s office where the customer’s vehicle was registered, Florida, or out-of-state registration certificate, if name and date of birth are shown.
Receipt copy of your last Florida driver license issuance.
Immigration form I-571.
Federal form DD-214 (military record).
Marriage certificate.
Court order, which includes legal name.
A Florida voter registration card, which was issued at least 3 months previously.
Parent consent form of minor, signed by the parent or legal guardian
Government issued out-of-country passport, driver license, or identification card
Concealed Weapons Permit