• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lift kits

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry. I just don't get it. What's the point of having a 12" lift kit on a truck and getting 30" tall tires then never leaving the pavement. Seems to me that up here that seems to be the norm. Young punks putting expensive lift kits on their trucks yet never venture off road. The missus and I always shake our heads and say they must be compensating for something.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I know exactly what you mean ! It's common here, also.
Been wishing I'd meet one of the kids so I could tell him about "the old saying" The bigger the tires, the smaller the -------.

On the other hand, as a landowner, I'm happy they haven't the ambition to leave the pavement. I've already spent a lot of time and money fixing the ruts they left years ago and my land has suffered from runoff diverted by the ruts.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
heck I was still trying to figure out the turtle tire look of the 90's, and tires that are all rim and no side wall, I like big tires and on the rigs I have them on they are used off road almost exclusively.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Ya, Don. but there are lots of trucks that are way too expensive to take into the woods around here. The guys who are serious have an off road rig on a trailer and go to events.

About a year and a half ago I was watching a big tire pick up coming up behind me on a 40 mph road with scattered houses. All of a sudden, one of his front wheels fell off and was trying to pass me on the left…. it veered off and went into someone's yard. Kind of dangerous.

Attachments

• pixBtire.jpg
    pixBtire.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 103

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
a picture of my jeep where only quads and snow trac's dare to venture. the big 33x1250' work great off road at low speeds, but between the welded spider gears and wide tires operation above 30 mph becomes a white knuckle experience. this trip managed to break both front axle joints and 2 motor mounts old reliable still made it 20 miles back to the trailer under it's own power.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 100

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Those kind of lifts are alright. Practical and useful. The ones im complaining about are the ones on late model pickups where the owner has soo much invested into it they are scared to venture 10 feet from the pavement. (Sounds like a krusti....lol)