• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Took the wife for her colonoscopy this morning. She is now totally zonked out. Looks like I will be cooking dinner this evening. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the wife for her colonoscopy this morning. She is now totally zonked out. Looks like I will be cooking dinner this evening. :yum:
Don't forget to take pictures.
I'm making meatloaf, mashed potatoes,gravy, honey carrots....
As long as we're talking healthy eating lol

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The labor pool here is pretty vacant. Un-employment is well below the national average. It's very hard to find replacements quickly.

Most of our employees are working moms,, many are special needs, SSI or handicapped. Part of our mission is to provide employment for the hardship cases. For some, we are a first step back into the workforce.

Now that we use E-verify, the Mexicans stay away. The lazy don't come so, unless an individual gets excessive absenteeism we live with it. It is our mission to re-program them to be better. But it can be problematic.

I went to Home Depot the other day and was pleasantly surprised that they had some special needs people working there. One helped me load the truck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went fishing with a couple friends out at camp. We finally found a fishing hole. Been fishing there four years and swore the only way we could catch fish there would be with a stick of dynamite.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After that big dinner, Aimee and I went to DQ before they closed and got chocolate shakes :yum:
Thanks to Jim.:whistling:
Stopped by work and checked the sheet.
Yup x in the box by my name for tomorrow night 10-6 and I signed a request for this Tuesday coming any shift. I don't care.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Headed out to Pittsburgh for a visit with my friendly neighborhood oncologist to see what last tuesday’s PET scan shows . Pretty much certain that I’m going to be doing what’s called “ self donor transplant “in the near future . Can’t say that I eagerly await doing that . But, if that’s how it has to be ,then let’s do it . When I get home , I have an ancient ,and very neglected , Stihl 041 AV that found it’s way to my shop to restore back to running condition .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm going to watch Our Nixon on Docutv.
Then it's naptime until Aimee gets home.
She is going to make dinner.
Then I'm going to get ready for the night shift.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm going to watch Our Nixon on Docutv.
Then it's naptime until Aimee gets home.
She is going to make dinner.
Then I'm going to get ready for the night shift.

You can see me !!!???
Any way , , , the Doc has revised his previous diagnosis ,and is sayin that I am now in complete remission . So, at least for the time being , I get to dodge the self donor thing . Couldn’t be happier . . .

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see me !!!???
Any way , , , the Doc has revised his previous diagnosis ,and is sayin that I am now in complete remission . So, at least for the time being , I get to dodge the self donor thing . Couldn’t be happier . . .

That’s wonderful news! :thumb:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lol John!
Yes! That is terrific news!
:thumbup:

That Nixon movie covered a lot of Watergate stuff I hadn't paid much attention to before.
For example, the taped conversations between Nixon and John Ehrlichman.
Nixon had a filthy mouth!

Those guys got sent to federal prisons, which begs the question noted .. the times sure have changed and why aren't some of the key players in today's politics in freaking prison?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was torn between watching the Kennedy Curse and Godspell.
:tongue:
The Kennedy story won, although I know everything there is to know about them.
20180913_192336.png

Aimee got us Philly cheese steak subs and lemonades for dinner.
I need to get crackin' in an hour.
Napped good enough I guess.
I'll find out around 2am lol

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see me !!!???
Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats!!!!!! That is GREAT news indeed!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Going to do some mowing / weed decimating . Then probably grind a few chains . Enjoy the impending weekend !

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Staying in town tonight as our oldest son is at a sleepover. I pick him up in the morning then head out to our local dirt track for the annual one off races. Sad that a city of 115000 people can't support a local dirt track for more than a once a year event

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Staying in town tonight as our oldest son is at a sleepover. I pick him up in the morning then head out to our local dirt track for the annual one off races. Sad that a city of 115000 people can't support a local dirt track for more than a once a year event
Must be like Eldora or Limaland speedway.
They either come in droves or not at all.

I watched 2 episodes of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.
One was in Australia where he watched a rugby match ( and drank and ate local cuisine).
The other, he was in Tokyo eating squid and sperm on spinach.
Ewww..

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I couldn't sleep so got up around four this morning and fixed home fries & pork chops,
for breakfast.
Bacon and eggs sound good for dinner.

No I'm not weird even though I only wear one slipper sandal around the house

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't sleep so got up around four this morning and fixed home fries & pork chops,
for breakfast.
Bacon and eggs sound good for dinner.

No I'm not weird even though I only wear one slipper sandal around the house
I walk around barefoot a lot, but that's because I'm a high class redneck.
:yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.