Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > Agriculture & Rural Living Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 07:13 AM
Forum Admin

Thanked 11,945 Times in 4,915 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Septic Tank & Dozer

I have been trying to schedule a dozer to widen one hill that is dangerous for my wider UTV sxs. The guy that normally has worked on my trails has been working out of town since March, so he suggested a friend. The guy showed up yesterday and had the dozer delivered.

I had taken him on the trails to be worked on, and plan to be close by when he goes from one place to another. To start off he says so I go down to that pine and turn. I said yep, turn left past the pine. He turned left about 10 feet to soon and went between two pines. I had just brush hogged that area so I can understand how he thought that as where to turn, but unfortunately, it was not the right place.

He turned and drove over the septic tank. Busted the little mushroom cap like concrete lid and it fell into the tank. Then backing up he drove over the vent pipe. I've contacted one company to see if repair is an option. They didn't know but will call me back today. If no repair is possible (which is what I'm afraid of) a new aeration septic tank is 3k, then I'd need the motor unless the current one can be salvaged.

And the labor for digging out the current one and replacing it ...is a nightmare to me $$$$$$$. I have no clue what is in store but my trails should be in good shape.

Other Fun Forums:

Weekend Mudders + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (09-05-2018), NorthernRedneck (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 4,374 Times in 2,133 Posts
NorthernRedneck will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Re: Septic Tank & Dozer

Ouch. Sounds like a shitty ordeal.

Our RV camp had their sewage tank pumped last week. Some idiot dumped fish guts in the holding tank. When the truck sucked them up, it plugged the hose. They had to reverse the suction to clear the hose. What a lovely mess that made all over the ground. Fish guts mixed with raw sewage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthernRedneck For This Useful Post:
Doc  (09-05-2018), jim slagle  (09-05-2018)