• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn phone company....

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I started losing my hearing back in the 70's when I would go to the gun range and shoot skeet. Back then no one talked about hearing protection. By the 90's I was wearing hearing aids. I hear OK with the aids except when I'm on the phone. My land line has a speaker feature so I have no problem with that, but my cell phone does not have a speaker option and the volume does not go high enough to hear clearly.

The cell phone is old, about 6 years. It takes no pictures, doesn't text, just receive and send calls. I like the plan as I have as it lets me accumulate my unused minutes and I now have over 2000 minutes, and I only pay about $20.00 a month.

I finally called the company about getting a replacement phone that has a few new features like texting, pictures, and a speaker. I went round and round with these idiots talking to one foreign asshole after another. Not one could grasp the concept of exchanging the phone for something new. They kept trying to sell me new plans, or wanted me to take the phone apart to see what was wrong with it, but none could give me an answer if I could upgrade my phone.

I spent over and hour with these bozos before I finally had enough told them to fuck off and hung up. I then wrote a letter to the company explaining my situation and packed up the phone, less the sim card and sent it back. Now I'm wondering what if anything is going to happen.

I just wish that these companies would hire people who could speak and understand English before they made idiots customer service reps.

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
What the heck cell company are you with? Every one that we've dealt with bombards us with upgrade offers about once a year;
having a company that apparently never heard of upgrades is simply weird to us. :ermm:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Anything more than basic service requires a plan and that means more money.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
never had one. I was asked to put a cell tower on my place and turned them down.
I could have owned one,i found two over a few years. if you want to count them. both went in the nearest garbage can.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Let me answer your question. You want to upgrade a 6-year old basic phone ... not a chance!!!!

I see a new phone and a new plan in your future.

I can see your problem in my future too. My hearing is going, I need hearing aids and my phone is pretty basic and more than 2-years old.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Phones are one thing...

But hearing aids are another. I believe they are the issue here, not so much the phone. My neighbor just purchased a new set. He is raving about how much better they work when he is on his phone. They are a new model, and he can change the settings for each one right from his i phone. Says they are the best thing he has purchased in some time.

Maybe time to check out new hearing aids??

Regards, Kirk

If you wait long enough maybe they will devise a hearing aid that is a cell phone!?!:flowers: I know I could use one.

We have a family plan that allows calling out of state with no long distant or roaming charges which was great when our girls went to collage. Now the cell company has sold to another and it looks like our plan will be different and we will be forced to get new phones. Also my oldest daughter lives out of state now and she won't be allowed on our new plan.

Seems the service for cell phones gets worse and costs more in my neck of the woods.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have tv in mine and an option for phone .
blue tooth I think they call it

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Phones are one thing...

But hearing aids are another. I believe they are the issue here, not so much the phone. My neighbor just purchased a new set. He is raving about how much better they work when he is on his phone. They are a new model, and he can change the settings for each one right from his i phone. Says they are the best thing he has purchased in some time.

Maybe time to check out new hearing aids??

Regards, Kirk

My hearing is shot. Maybe someday I'll get some of these things and stop saying "huh?" all the time.