• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trip to the store

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Since I have have seizures and can't drive (and am usually bored sh*tless) I decided to walk down to a new store by me.​
When I go out shopping by bus or walking I usually carry a cloth bag or two. It makes it much easier to carry anything I buy home.​
As soon as I walked in the store a guy told me I could not bring my bag inside but he would give me a ticket for it.​
I looked around store. It had new stuff but it was cheap garbage like in a flea market. After about 5 minutes I went up to get my bag and the guy (who I had checked bag with) was wandering off paying no attention to my bag which he had apparently tossed on a counter. I noticed his shirt said "Loss Prevention" (what a joke).​
So I asked a woman (got her attention) at register if I could talk to the manager.​
He came up told me it was "store policy" no bags, even though I told him I don't want to cover the earth in plastic. Like I said I carry it mostly for convenience, but what the hell I will use the "green" spiel if I need to.​
Before I could say more he wandered off to line up the people to get in the checkout line (like they couldn't on their own).​
When he came back I said I understood the policy but that I had worked Security for 10 years and his "Loss Prevention" ( I was sarcastic) guy had paid no attention and any one could have stolen my bag.​
I also told him that I felt insulted at them thinking I would steal and that there was nothing worth buying there much less stealing.​
Before I had asked to talk to the manager (when nobody was looking) I felt like taking my own bag, without the ticket and putting it somewhere in the store then going up to "Loss Prevention" and saying I was ready to leave and wanted my bag: what would they have done?​

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to say.

But sarcasm would have probably been at the top of the list.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hard to say.

But sarcasm would have probably been at the top of the list.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten that upset but the store just was selling crap and their whole attitude I thought was B.S.. No other store has ever told me I couldn't bring my old bag.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I guess I shouldn't have gotten that upset but the store just was selling crap and their whole attitude I thought was B.S.. No other store has ever told me I couldn't bring my old bag.

I divorced my first "old bag" .

Maybe that could work for you as well ?

(Just trying to help a guy out here..........move along, nothing to see !):whistling:

Leni

Sounds like that store is not going to be in busines for very long. Poor quality product and attitude will do it in.