• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pic for BC/Brian mulching kit CC

dzalphakilo

Banned
Picked up that lawn rake per you suggestion. Mounted that mulching kit on the CC, not sure if I ever sent you a pic. Mulching kit on that mower works pretty well FYI. Pic is of the road in front of the house, to give you an idea of what that kit will do.

Attachments

• Copy of lawn.JPG
    Copy of lawn.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 82

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Joe,

I was gone for the weekend and missed this. The "New Posts" option doesn't work well if you're gone for a few days.

Tell me more about the mulching kit. Does it mulch and then allow the bagger/sweeper to run behind you in the same pass?

Got any pictures of the mulching kit?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Brian, honestly with all that's been going on, forgot that I got that mulching kit last year, and since I put it (mulching kit) on, haven't had to use the lawn rake yet.

Yard looks bare, no leaves on the lawn from using the kit.

Kit consists of three "mulching" blades and a restrictor plate that you place over the discharge chute. Look at your mower closely, you should see where the bolts should go.

If you have huge amount of leaves, you need to go slow, half throttle, and you may have to make a second pass (this is where the leaves are gathering by your feet on the mower because they're so deep).

Keep up with it, just like mowing the grass.

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 42
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 42
  • m3.JPG
    m3.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 41

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Joe.

For now, I think I'm going to stick with using the bagger. When I blow the leaves/clippings into windrows it's pretty easy to pick them up.

Here's what the yard looks now. I picked up the leaves last Sunday.

Attachments

• MVC-097S.JPG
    MVC-097S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 31