• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wish me luck!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, got a load ready to go tomorrow after work. It hasn't started sinking in yet even though I've been winding down my files at work and going crazy at home with the minor renovations and packing. Exciting times though. I've wanted out of here since I was 18. Will be a fresh start and a new change of scenery.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Will you have a little time before your boy starts school to settle in? Would be nice if you could find a little time to let him check out his new environment. Big changes for both of you.:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I will have a chance to spend a couple weeks with him in the new town before he starts school. I start the new job on August 13th. I'll be moving the first week of August officially. It's only a 3 hr drive from here so I will make a couple trips beforehand to bring outdoors type stuff I don't need right now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Better have a lot of ice. I am sending this heat up to you. Damn muggy to be moving stuff.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Better have a lot of ice. I am sending this heat up to you. Damn muggy to be moving stuff.

Tell me about it. Been outside in 33 degree heat in the shade packing up things outside all week.:hammer:

This moving thing sucks. 4rth time moving in 6 yrs. Hope this is the last move for a while. This is the big one though. Growing up, we moved about every 5 years but always in town. My parents would buy a place, fix it up, then sell it. This will be my first time living in a new town/city.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Been thinking of a lifechange for a while. I was born and raised in this small town of around 2500 people. Lived here all my life. I've been through allot the past few years. Lost my job at the mill due to it closing down. Started a new job. Separated and soon to be divorced. Had most of the family move away. Lost both grandparents who were more like parents to me growing up due to cancer. Separated from the boy I raised for 10 year since he was 9 months old. At least I get to see him now and I have my youngest son living with me full time without any assistance from anyone.

This brings me to where I'm at right now. Ever feel like you're stuck in a rutt and going nowhere fast? Same old routine every day? No real excitement? That's where I'm at. I have family living three hours away in the city of roughly 110,000 people. I also have a girlfriend there. The drive every weekend or two is getting a little old. So I decided a while back that I was gonna do my best to move there this summer. That requires me getting a job. I started applying for positions within my agency in the city a couple months ago. I had an interview for the same job I am doing now but in the city just yesterday. Another position came out as well for the same job. So I stand a good chance. If things work out, I will be moving this summer. :smile:

I think we all hit that point at sometime in our busy life . Its good to change . I am all for you testing the water and trying a new life .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Made the first load last weekend with the truck box full and my little 4x8 open trailer loaded. That was alright for one load but would take forever to get everything moved that way. A kind coworker was so generous to lend me their 10 ft enclosed trailer for this weekend. I picked it up after work and got it half loaded tonight. By my calculations, I should be able to get everything in just one more trip after this one. Then there's a trip back for the boat and atv at some point.

It's only a 3 hr drive to get there. So we are now seriously considering keeping the campsite for next year and come back every couple weeks for the weekend during the summer. Plus...will be a nice place to stay to come hunting in the fall.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been living in the camper for a week. I don't mind. The house is nearly empty. Last big load going tonight. I have one more week of work next week at my current location then I head off officially on the 3rd. Gonna be an adventure to say the least. So many new things to experience.

I'll be glad when the move is done. I'm beat. This working my a$$ off from 7am till 10pm every day for a month is getting old quick. I just might have to dedicate the month of august to looking for new fishing spots.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Fishing is a good way to unwind and drop some stress. Although you do have a girlfriend.....:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My co-workers threw me a surprise going away party today at work. That was nice but sad at the same time. I'm gonna miss the job I have now and all the kids I work with. My coworkers have basically been my family for the past three years. I have some final touches this week to finish up at the house and then I am off to the big city to start a new life.

We will still be back from time to time. I will be keeping my seasonal campsite for the time being. It will be my retreat/getaway. I plan on being back at least once during august and a couple times this fall for hunting.

The house is nearly ready to rent. I have a renter lined up already. 95% of my things are now moved. Construction in happening at the new place to build my son a bedroom in the basement. It's a finished basement with enough room for a 4rth bedroom.

Life has thrown me allot of curves the past couple years. I just kept my chin up and kept plugging away at it and things have finally turned around.

Next step will be to build a garage in the back yard. That will be next summers project.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good.:clap: good to have a place to hunt and fish. The boy will have a whole lot of change with new friends and a new school. Should be a new adventure for both of you.:wow::wow::wow:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's the plan. It's a city of roughly 115,000 people. But I can be out in the wilderness in 15 minutes from where I'll be living. So it won't be all that bad. 12 minute drive to the boat launch(I timed it) and 15 minutes to some hunting areas. Gotta make sure the important stuff is still available.

My son is excited too. He'll be allot closer to gramma and grampa also as they only live a few blocks from where I'm moving.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Time for an update. We have officially been living here since August 3rd. Time sure flies by. We have been living in my parents basement until we find a place of our own. The real estate market here is totally crazy right now. Apartments are renting for double what they should be renting for. House values are climbing through the roof. Last year, at this time, there were roughly 700 houses for sale. Right now, there are only 150 or so houses for sale. We went house shopping yesterday looking at open houses. Right now, be expected to pay 20-30k more then the asking price due to a bidding war.

We managed to find a place we like yesterday that had just been listed a few hours before. We settled on a price yesterday afternoon and will be moving in November 7th. It's a nice duplex. 3 bedrooms with a partially finished basement, 24x24 garage. Will not need any major repairs in the next few years. We got it for way less then the market value right now through a private sale.

mak2

Guess I did not see this thread. Congrats groomerguy, guess it is too late to wish you luck, sounds like you are doing great. But good luck anyway.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, its been a busy summer so far. After moving twice in two months and working full time, I'm beat! But it will all work out in the end. We're looking forward to settling into the new place before the winter rolls around.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to hear! Bunking with others gets old quick even if it is your parents. You will get a chance to get settled before the holidays so you might be able have a real break. Best of luck.