• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A company that actually goes above and beyond customer service!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
About a year and a half ago I bought myself a Keurig single cup coffee maker since I only drink maybe 1 cup a day in the winter time and maybe 1 cup a week in the summer time. Anyway, it worked out great. The coffee tasted fantastic and I never had to dump out 3/4 of a pot of coffee just have 1 cup. I enjoyed trying the different flavors available now in the "K-Cup" brewing inserts as well. :clap:

As seems to be my luck, the 2nd day after I had knee surgery, it quit working. :mad: I ran vinegar through it a few times a year and all even though I only used reverse-osmosis water to try to prevent internal problems but it still seemed to have some sort of problem measuring how much water it dispensed. I have 7 different sizes from which to choose and I generally used 7 1/2 oz for my coffee cups. It would stop after about 2 ounces of water and just sit there and hum. :sad:

Since I don't have unlimited storage, contrary to what some of my relatives think (who want to park their boat, car, jet ski, RV etc. in one of my barns), so I throw away the box and packing materials when something is out of warranty. My Keurig was almost 5 months out of warranty, so I'd not only pitched the box, but the receipt as well. Still, I thought I'd call them and ask if there was something I could do to get my beloved little coffee maker working again.

This is when I was surprised. Within about 30 seconds I was speaking to an actual person in customer service! (that was a shock in itself anymore) I explained exactly what was going on and what all I'd tried for the last 8 hours (yeah, I take EVERYTHING apart; I still am able to fix most things, iPhones included). After listening to me she had me get the serial number for her so she could verify the date of mfg. Odd I thought since I told her that I knew it was out of warranty. After I gave her that info, much to my surprise, she said that at Keurig they try to take care of their customers and separate themselves from other companies now making machines that use their "K-cups" with superior customer service and that she would FedEx me a new machine out right away.

Woh, talk about surprised!! She even told me that I just needed to send in 1 small piece of the machine and I could keep the rest of it or throw it away. That way I wouldn't be out the money to pack and ship a broken machine back to them. So, I'm enjoying a great cup of joe each morning again and I'm extremely pleased with Keurig! :clap::clap::w00t2::w00t2: I just wish more companies had that sort of customer service. Anyway, I give two BIG thumbs up for Keurig!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is unusual with most companies these days. I had a similar experience with streamlight flashlights and was amazed at their customer service also.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
A while back I had a razor Norelco that was about a year out of warranty. The battery died on it and could not charge it anymore. I called Gillette out of a whim just to complain because my last one did the same. They asked for the serial number off of the old razor and told me that in two days a brand new one would be at my front door. Sure enough it was there. No charge.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some times I wonder how many times folks really do call in and talk nicely to a represenative. Instead they may just bitch to anyone who will listen, instead of the manufacturer. Convinced they had bought cheap junk, they just throw it away and buy a new one. Nothing is worth fixing or asking about. I think that attitude prevails these days....

Regards, Kirk

Regards, Kirk

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Some times I wonder how many times folks really do call in and talk nicely to a represenative. Instead they may just bitch to anyone who will listen, instead of the manufacturer. Convinced they had bought cheap junk, they just throw it away and buy a new one. Nothing is worth fixing or asking about. I think that attitude prevails these days....

Regards, Kirk

Regards, Kirk

Cell phone companies seem to be the worst and, unfortunately, Apple has plummeted in their customer service. When I just refused to go away and actually got to speak to a real customer service manager was that "Apple has experienced growth faster than expected and is not equipped to handle the customer volume they have now". Um, they know darn well how many units they are making and selling. So, I don't except his "official" Apple excuse for poor service. I'd have to place them about last now after being the industry leader. However, that's the handset mfg, not the cell company. I've had Sprint, Verizon and AT&T for years. Each of them routinely over-bill most of the time if you take the time to go through your bill that is intentionally made cryptic. It's hard to not be cynical after dealing with them. Apparently they are making so much money right now that they don't give a shit if you are served well or not.

Right now I'm in the process, along with several other people, if Sprint can legally prevent any class action law suits against them. If you read all the fine print when you sign up with Sprint, there is a clause in there that says you agree to never initiate or participate in any class action law suit against them. Several prominent attorneys seem to believe that little clause won't hold up in court. If you think about it, why would they put that clause in their initial agreement if they didn't plan on screwing you on your bills?

I think all the major cell providers need to really get hammered to get them back in line and actually provide reasonable service and reasonable customer service after you sign with them. Their attorneys talk about their standard "two year agreements" as Golden Handcuffs and have no intention of providing customer service since they feel you can't leave anyway. What I'm fighting with many others with Sprint is a $75 fee added to the printed and established early termination fee schedule in their agreement. I gladly paid the $150 per line to get rid of Sprint after how bad they were. What shocked me was when I received an additional $75 service fee for them charging a $150 early termination fee. Nowhere in their agreement is this "fee for a fee" mentioned. I've received some calls from several companies asking me about the "fee charged for a fee" by Sprint. If it's 60 Minutes or some other news organization doing their homework before coming out with a nationwide story about Sprint's dirty little secret, I think it could be enough to take Sprint down. They are already trying to negotiate with NASCAR and lower the amount they agreed to pay to call the top NASCAR series the "Sprint Cup" series.

I think good customer service is essential and any company that does what Sprint does or simply puts you in an endless loop of an automated phone system with no ability to actually speak with anyone should go out of business. I think we've all begun to accept poor service as normal. That's why I created this post about Keurig actually going above and beyond good customer service. I honestly don't expect that, but I do expect reasonable service when I'm paying a large amount of money for a product or service. I'm glad to see some posting other good experiences.

working woman

Site Supporter
Dargo glad you got good and fast results. My coffe maker did the same as yours about 9 months after I got it. I had to call twice about it. The second time I called they put the engineer on. He treated me like a 5 yr old. They acted like I was trying to pull a fast one on them.

So for me it was like an act of congress to get my replacment

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
she said that at Keurig they try to take care of their customers and separate themselves from other companies now making machines that use their "K-cups" with superior customer service and that she would FedEx me a new machine out right away.

It's like making guns Dargo...

The gun manufacturing is the small part of the equation, It's the ammo you feed the gun with that makes the most money...The K-cup is the ammo, and where the money is at. The machine gives you access to that. Smart move on their part, they see the bigger picture.

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
When we redid our kitchen, we bought an American Standard Faucet. It's one of those restaurant tall spring type deals. I had it out of the box and on the floor. Stepped on it. Broke the nozzle end right off.

So I went to their website figuring I could buy the part online. No part numbers listed! I sent them an email asking how or where I could buy the part I broke. Literally within minutes I had a phone call from them. Turns out The Faucet I bought, you can not by parts for, even if you are stupid and step on brand new expensive Faucets. Its guaranteed for life. Any issue, they replace the part or the entire Faucet. I insisted it was my fault, and I wanted to pay. No way. the part was at my door in two days. Free.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had an American Standard faucet that was ten years old that the valve got real hard to turn. When I called in I first gave them the modl of the faucett and before I could tell them what was wrong they told me I would have a new on the next day.

But we were dumb the other day and bought a Dell Laptop. They don't know what service is and I probably will report here in a few days waiting right now giving them time to make it right.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
trijicon treated me the same way they are an outstanding company and i won't buy anything but trijacon sighting devices anymore. wished the cellphone guys and it guys would catch up they act like doctors every call cost's

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a problem with my Henry .22. An email to them got an immediate answer and a tentative solution based on my
description of the problem. After answering the single question in the email their customer service guy confirmed his "guess"
was correct and ordered me a replacement part, which was delivered to my door in three (business) days. It fixed the
problem completely. Outstanding!!