• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Christmas Comes to the White House

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Michelle Obama unveiled the Christmas decorations today at the White House with military families. The theme this year is Shine, Give, Share. The military has been put front and center on many of the decorations. There are medals and symbols from every branch of the military.

There is also a Gold Star tree. A Gold Star mom looks on.

Bo the first dog has a prominent presence, he appears in some form or another in almost every room. Here he is in licorice, recycled plastic bags, and felt.

Michelle Obama also hosted military children in a crafts and cookie decorating session.

This is the official tree in the Blue Room that features handmade cards from military children.

The trees are lovely. I am glad to see that the main theme is designed around military families, to say thanks for the sacrifices that not just our soldiers make, but what their entire families make.

http://912member.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-comes-to-white-house.html

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yes, anything that tributes the military past and present is a good thing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed Mark.
I am a fan of conservative girl's site, but left out the last line in the link posted.
IMO it wasn't necessary for her to add that after posting something so nice.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Agreed Mark.
I am a fan of conservative girl's site, but left out the last line in the link posted.
IMO it wasn't necessary for her to add that after posting something so nice.

Well you're right, that last line changes the entire act of doing something good into a cheep shot. Those people need to be thrown out of the Whitehouse in a defeat worse than Carter's was!