• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Should we pick the peaches?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
This spring we planted a couple of peach trees along the driveway. They have taken very well in their new home....perhaps a little too well. The trees are about 7' tall, 1 1/2" diameter, and they already have small grape sized peaches on them. My inclination would be to remove these peaches this year so the trees spend more time establishing roots and foliage. What say all you amateur arborists out there?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, my dad used to have fruit trees and I helped him with them when I was a kid. What I remember is that with a new tree he would pick most of the fruit while it was very young. It allowed the trees to spend most of their energy on growing, but it also allowed the few remaining pieces of fruit to mature to full size. Often if too many blossoms set into fruit then the fruit sizes are very small.