• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SCHOOL IS CLOSED ~ 2nd day in a row ~ we love SNOW!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got the automated phone call for my wife's school. School is closed again today. Blowing and drifting. Dangerous driving conditions.

Looks like we have our second official "SNOW DAY" in a row. :letitsnow:

Got to love it. Now the downside is that Melen goes to school in a different state, 2 counties north of here and they are not closed. She didn't go to school yesterday, my wife doesn't want her to go again today. So it looks like Melen gets another "SNOW DAY" too.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm leaving now to drive to South Bend. I have people out of California there to meet with my rep who lives half an hour from there but she now claims its not safe for her to get out. If I drive 6 hours one way to meet them and visit her accounts without her, her eleven year tenure with me will end. :mad:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of blowing and drifting up here. Police are telling people NOT to drive until they get the roads cleared.

Not sure what you will encounter in the rest of the state, but BY THE TIME YOU GET UP HERE the roads should be reasonable for passage???

I'm not planning to leave the house before 9, maybe 10. Plows have been working all night and the reports I'm getting are that the farm fields continue to deposit snow across the roads and are closing them almost as fast as the plows can open them. Both US41 and US30 are reported to be a mess up here. Side roads are hit and miss because of drifting, just one passable lane is common.

moreIQ

We may be experiencing one of the effects of global warming right now. Let's just stay inddors, stay safe and make the most of the situation. Like perhaps do those personal projects we've always been thinking of doing but never found the time. Just a thought.

Stay happy, folks!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
...Let's just stay inddors...
Oh no!

We can't waste snow days. They are meant for toboggan runs down the hill, X-C skiing, playing with the Snow Trac oh, and also for other activities in the snow :pee_smilie:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're closed down as well and got the call last night. Kids are just now crawling out of bed since we let them stay up late if no school the next day.

The winds haven't gotten here yet so it doesn't seem bad right now. It's only 12 degrees so we'll sit inside for a bit.