• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Step One: Contact. Check!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Just got off the phone with a guy (who, get this, is one of my customers!) about getting my training and whatnot to become a realtor. Had a good chat with him, and got some good info. I really can't think of any time better than now (no mortgage, no loans, ect) to jump into a new career, since my 'job' is going nowhere. Cool thing about it, though, is that I can transistion very easily from this job to that one, as in doing them both for a little while to test the waters, and if I find out that it isn't for me, I still have my full time job to fall back on. I'm 25, headin towards 26 and marriage, and this low-level bitch work is not gonna gain me a living for very much longer. The guy was very helpful, as far as making sure I know the risks, and that it is strictly commission, (which I already knew) but I do know that I am very good at dealing with John Q. Public. He is going to foward me the info I need to get licensed, and we will get together after a bit to chat some more in person, and go over the details more fully.

Today was aiming to be one of the shittiest in quite some time, but this has put me in a good mood. So I say, fuck the rest of 'em, I'm moving foward! :clap:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds great Rusty, i know several people that have chosen the same path in the last few years that are doing surprisingly well considering the economy. Best of luck to you. :flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You need to get your class hours in before you take the exam. I escrowed my license 30 years ago and don't regret it. This is a tough market to break into right now.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
'Priciate it, bud. I figure that when the housing boom really gets going again, I wanna be in on it beforehand, as I figure a lot of folks will be clammoring to become a realtor then. Plus, all I know is sales, and sales is all I know. I think I will do fine :smile:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
You need to get your class hours in before you take the exam. I escrowed my license 30 years ago and don't regret it. This is a tough market to break into right now.

Oh I plan to, that's going to be some of the info he fowards me. I plan to take my time and get all classes in, and make sure I have a total understanding of what I am getting myself into FIRST.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
<off-topic>
Your signature line: I like that quiet little movie, too! :smile:
</off-topic>

It was a movie I had never heard of until I saw it on TV once. Truthfully, the only reason I turned it on was because Michael Caine and Robert Duvall were in it, so I figured it would have to be somewhat decent.

I now own the 2 dvd set :wink:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well after some issues with my email not quite acting right, I just recieved the class info and some background stuff on the company (which I'll not name for right now) that I will be working with.

Step Two: Info. Check! :D