• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to mow the lawn?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
It hadnt been cut yet this year, usually it has animals on it, but not this year.
So I got asked to mow it.
1 acre of grass and weeds cut to 3" in 90 mins. It ranged from 18" or so to about 40"+. Some was over the bonnet.

daedong

Mith it seems a waste of good feed.
That rideon would have been working in that tall stuff. do you get belt slip?

BoneheadNW

What? You're not bagging?:D

Mith, do you have poison ivy or nettles or anything like that in your area? Anything that might sting you or make you itch?
Bone

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Vin, yep, waste of feed. There is lots more though. Its a pity the horses arent going to be using this paddock, it was seeded with a great mix for horses.
No belt slip, and the mower handled the stumps and rocks fine. The engine didnt bog much. I had to shift down into low range once or twice, but more was in high range.

BH, fortunately no on bagging!
yes on nettles, not sure on ivy, yes on poisonous weeds. I'm not bothered by nettles, they just raise a bump and thats all. Pine trees on the other hand dont do me any good.
There is also a particular weed that makes me itch, and get it in a cut and it swells a bit. I got hit by that in a cut on the palm of my hand and it made morning today a bit uncomfortable, but its gone down now.