• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

AWS is weird stuff

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Picked up a used Craftsman 43" all wheel steer mower a couple weekends ago. Toasted the belt in 5 minutes.
Took it to my ex-landlord as he spends a couple months a year fixing mowers and he found out when they put the new belt on before selling it to me, they forgot to reset the tension adjuster. Lots of sfriction heat and cheap belt = Erik paying for a repair.
Even so, I think I got a good deal at around $400 even with the repair (and buying a spare aramid reinforced belt), and it mows through foot deep grass without a hiccup.
This AWS takes some getting used to, as there's not much play in the wheel before the back end swivels, but I think I'm going to like the turning radius.

Pictures some day - when I remember to take the camera outside with me.

loboloco

The AWS can be used in some really tight spots. But be careful, they can turn quick enough to bite you.