• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Apple announces new iPhone 7 + new Apple Watch

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an iPhone 5.

Damn thing works like a champ. Why change?

LINK TO NEWS STORY with product information => http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ess-iPhone-7-NO-headphone-jack-kicks-off.html

PHONE:
New one is waterproof. Mine is in a waterproof case.

New phone doesn't have a headphone jack. My Bose sound deadening headphones for airline travel are obsolete unless I use some sort of conversion thingy (something else to lose).

Better camera on the new one. Old camera is fine with me, I wear trifocals, couldn't see better resolution if I tried.

Sure, if my iPhone finally dies then I'd just upgrade to a new iPhone. But I don't understand all the kids (like my daughter) who have to have the newest latest greatest fastest sleekest lightest brightest phone in their back pocket so they can sit on it and bend it.

------

WATCH
And the new Apple Watch. It has a new name, better and modestly priced. Waterproof which is great and should have been part of the original design. But I see nothing that says it has anything more than a piss poor batter life. LESS THAN 1 DAY.

And it still looks like a cartoon voice balloon on your wrist. WTF?

CRABBY OLD MAN VIEWPOINT
I may be an Apple fan but I see nothing compelling. What am I missing because I see no reason to change ... and its not because I'm old and grey haired ... its that there is no breakthrough in technology, no must have feature, no real addition to functionality, no enhanced practicality that I can see that makes the price tag of either of these news items worth the investment.

FWIW, I see lots of new Samsung phones out there too with those curvy screens. Don't see the point in that either.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with ya Bob. I have an iPhone 6s and I only have that cause I accidentally went swimming with my iphone 5s. Insurance replaced it with the 6. I do like the size of the 6 better than the 5 most of the time. But I see no reason at all to upgrade. In fact right now I'm thinking when I do upgrade I will go to one of the cheap Motorola smart phones. I was looking at them on amazon the other day. $199 for a smart phone that does all I need to do. I hope this iphone lasts another year or two or three. Phones will only get better and cheaper. I can't ever see paying 6 or 700 for a phone again.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I bought my first "smart"phone a couple of weeks ago so I can run an OBD2 app. Moto G 3rd gen. is $50 at wallyworld.Got a prepaid thing for a month.
I've tried hard to think of reasons to use it or like it but it's too big to put in a front pocket of women's pants, it would fall out of a back one because I'm active and I just have no use for the internet 93% of the day. So… guess I'll stick with my dumbphone that is small with excellent voice quality and just use the Moto for a display in my car.

I'm amazed by the number of people who's left hand is out of action so it can grip thier phone. Seems like an anti-productivity addiction.