• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

Xtreme Fishing

1971 Bombardier........in for paint as we speak!

Attachments

• bombardier.jpg
    bombardier.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 656

runar500

I own one Aktiv Snowtrack and one Hämmerle 2000

I hoped to find info on the Hämmerle here on this forum, but alas, nothing yet..

-one day maybe.. :)

Livar

I have a Ratrac ST 1971 myself.
At our skilift we have a 82' PistenBully 170D and a 87' PistenBully200D

1bigguy

Ok here goes my first post with you all. Hello to all of you, i have enjoyed the photos and the time and work you all have put into your machines. I know the first rule on this sight is to post a photo, the last 5 or 6 years i've been looking at a 72 to 74 st4 not sure of the year. I am makeing a call to have some photos sent down to me to post, hopfully i will have serial number and year it was made this week and will post photos .

1bigguy

Thanks Woody for the reply, i have a photo of the Aktiv im looking at buying,any chance of getting a little help of a fare buying price?

1bigguy

The one unit i am looking at has a 4 on the back there may be three more will have to check arond town for them.

aktrack

Ah Oh...:brows: Looks like your having fun now. Where is this? Is this? this winter. We don't have that much snow in Fbks. Yet? :shitHitFan::winterrul:letitsnow:

Not this winter. We don't have hardly any snow yet. That was over by Beluga.

That bunch a fun ended about 3 AM. But we get it out. Front track kept walking under the ice shelf. Finally ran a hoist from a tree to the top of the cab and lifted it level, raising the track enough. Should a tried that first!

Last edited:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok here goes my first post with you all. Hello to all of you, i have enjoyed the photos and the time and work you all have put into your machines. I know the first rule on this sight is to post a photo, the last 5 or 6 years i've been looking at a 72 to 74 st4 not sure of the year. I am makeing a call to have some photos sent down to me to post, hopfully i will have serial number and year it was made this week and will post photos .

Hope to see you and your cat at the snow cat jamboree ?

SnowTrac Hunter

Bombardier SV 301 and SV 300 can't make the pictures upload
Step one - make a copy of the picture you want to upload.
Step two - Resize the picture using Microsoft Office or Windows Photo Viewer.
Microsoft Office - open the picture click on the "Picture" tile on top of photo. Click on "Compress Picture", on the right hand side click on Compress for "Web Pages". Click On Okay. Exit Photo and click save changes.
Step three - Upload compressed photo.

:smile: Upload some photos

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah Oh...:brows: Looks like your having fun now. Where is this? Is this? this winter. We don't have that much snow in Fbks. Yet? :shitHitFan::winterrul:letitsnow:
that brings back memorys of being in the alaska guard with those bv 206's i have recoverd many of those in the same situations. i almoste did the same thing with one i was test driving up here a couple of years ago found out they don't follow follow snow tracks well just a bit heavy and tall i once broke through a snow drift with a akng one with the same results as yours i thaught it was going to flip the front cab before i was able to freeit up.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the over the snow vehicles out for a family photo. (the kids where/are home, awake, and not eating). Never got to utilize the sunlight for a proper photo as snowmobilers kept stopping chat. Met some nice people and generated a quite a bit of interest in snow cats.

Maybe next time.

Brands:

Snow trac
Snow trac B
Thiokol
Tucker

It turned into a race on the way back.

1st Camouflaged ST. 20 year old son.
2nd Yellow STB Wife
3rd Pack master 18 year old daughter
4th tucker 2000 Me/dad (Groomed the trails on the way in.)

Smiles for all.

Attachments

• IMG_0863 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0863 (Small).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0871 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0871 (Small).JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 744

Ron R

JW71
I am attempting to redo the tracks if anyone has any input on the easiest way to do it. Need the bolt pattern, measured the old track and I get different numbers.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 666
Last edited: