• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Have you lost your marbles?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Spilled marbles cause lane closure on Indiana interstate
By FOX59 Published January 22, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/22/spilled-marbles-cause-lane-closure-on-indiana-interstate.html

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind, – A truck driver lost all his marbles on I-465 and it caused a bit of a traffic headache Saturday morning.

Indiana State Police spokesperson John Perrine tells FOX59 that a truck carrying 38,000 pounds of marbles lost its trailer, spilling the load all over the embankment of southbound I-465 near Pendleton Pike.

One lane of I-465 is expected to be closed most of the day for cleanup. No injuries were reported.

Attachments

• IMG_4845.JPG
    IMG_4845.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 126

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, so what does somebody do with 38,000 pounds of marbles?
Just curious, if anybody knows....

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Play Jacks! Looks like that load may have shifted. That trailer looks like it was at capacity!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought sure that was going to be rhetorical question and I was all set to answer YES nonetheless. :yum:

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Ceramic marbles are used in fracking......I wonder if these had anything to do with that?????

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I keep looking at the picture wondering if they are really marbles or some kind of slug used in glass manufactureing ??

I can't imagime marbles staying on that slope or retaining footprints like in one of the pics at the link.
Also marbles would be more colorful than one clear color like those are.

Years ago I found a bunch (8 or so) of glass slugs in different colors on the side of a road… always puzzled me.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aquarium gravel? (glass marbles are common).

Ben-Wa balls for all the ladies? :hide:

Sling shot ammo?

I see them in vases used for decorations.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ceramic marbles are used in fracking......I wonder if these had anything to do with that?????

I doubt it. They look too big for that purpose. The ones that I have seen looked and felt more like sand. In fact, well rounded sand IS what is used a lot of the time.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
in rattle cans? those look like clear ones and shipping containers don't look adequate for shipping very far.