• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Truck driver spills 60,000 pounds of beer on I-10 in Florida

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Truck driver spills 60,000 pounds of beer on I-10 in Florida
CANDICE ZAMORA, WEAR
March 7th 2018

http://local21news.com/news/offbeat...0-pounds-of-beer-onto-i-10-in-okaloosa-county

OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WEAR) - A South Carolina truck driver caused quite a scene on I-10 Wednesday morning after spilling nearly 60,000 pounds of beer onto the highway in Okaloosa County.

According to a Florida Highway Patrol press release, Michael Nolan Powell, 44, of Simpsonville, South Carolina, was driving a tractor-trailer west on I-10 at 2:40 a.m. when he failed to maintain his lane.

As a result, the tractor-trailer traveled onto the north shoulder of the road and overturned on its passenger side, causing an estimated 60,000 pounds of Busch beer to be thrown from the trailer, the press release stated.

Details of the press release also stated that Powell sustained minor injuries in the crash and was cited for careless driving.

Attachments

• 95D95C62-A755-4D4E-969C-FB7C74A357A2.jpeg
    95D95C62-A755-4D4E-969C-FB7C74A357A2.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 88

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's just BUSCH. No great loss there.

60,000 LBS? Uh, is not the load limit 66,000 lbs gross?

That's a very light tuck

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's just BUSCH. No great loss there.

Agreed. :yum:

60,000 LBS? Uh, is not the load limit 66,000 lbs gross?

That's a very light tuck

Just a guess, the weight slip probably was for 60k total, truck and all. I’m surprised they used weight in the article. I never weighed my beer, just counted the bottles :hide:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed. :yum:

Just a guess, the weight slip probably was for 60k total, truck and all. I’m surprised they used weight in the article. I never weighed my beer, just counted the bottles :hide:

All I know is my Dodge Dually one ton weighs 6,600 Lbs. And I never carry Busch in it.:yum: