• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heat wave today. It crawled up to -16 before dropping again. We still have very little snow here in Thunder bay. But drive an hour east and it's more like I'm used to.
a6bcb872887d200077c5e9ab76ac2b7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Above zero this morning. Feels like a heat wave. Huge Nor'Easter coming up the coast for tomorrow. They are expecting the bottom to drop out of the barometer with high winds, then another arctic blast in time for the weekend.

Freezing rain in Florida? I'll bet there ain't an ice scraper to be found down there. LOL.

Damn I love this global warming horse shit.

Are we having fun yet? :yum:

jwstewar

My wife and I said this was coming. The goats got extra hairy this year and they wouldn't go into heat. Our first goats should have already been hitting the ground. We aren't expecting any until February 3rd. They knew this was coming and didn't want to put their babies in jeopardy. I don't know how they know, but they know Mother Nature.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ohhh, this nor'easter is sounding worse by the hour. A local weatherman is saying that this is going one of the most intense nor'easters since that started charting them based on barometric pressure. Blizzard warnings in Norfolk, VA. LOL.

Oh, and the winds around here predicted around 50MPH with sub zero temps. This is biblical. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Bracing for some high winds and low chill factors. I do not believe we will get a whole lot of snow out of this. Winds at the 850mb location are at 126mb. If this storm had tracked along the east coast it would have basically been a winter hurricane. Unbelievable.
Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 10.24.39 AM.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. Looks nasty. Stay safe. I'm just to the left of that storm. But our weather generally comes from the northwest. So it's a bitter cold. I forgot to plug in the truck last night. She barely turned over this morning. When I put it in drive for the first time, she basically gave me a classic FU I'm not moving " before she started to move. With it being -30 with a windchill of -45 even though the roads are clear, they are covered in black ice. Every time I hit the brakes the tires would lock up and skid. Then when leaving from a stoplight, I have to be careful as she wants to spin sideways. (But that could also be because it's a ford screaming with power and not because of black ice) [emoji6]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. Looks nasty. Stay safe. I'm just to the left of that storm. But our weather generally comes from the northwest. So it's a bitter cold. I forgot to plug in the truck last night. She barely turned over this morning. When I put it in drive for the first time, she basically gave me a classic FU I'm not moving " before she started to move. With it being -30 with a windchill of -45 even though the roads are clear, they are covered in black ice. Every time I hit the brakes the tires would lock up and skid. Then when leaving from a stoplight, I have to be careful as she wants to spin sideways. (But that could also be because it's a ford screaming with power and not because of black ice) [emoji6]

Its soo cold here today I accidentally keyed someone's car with my nipples. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another balmy -35 day today. Windchill of -45. Last official day of Christmas break. So I'm at home with 6 kids.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
By the time I rolled out of the house this morning it had reached a balmy 40°F, clear skies and no wind. At dawn I'm told it was about 30°F. It's supposed to get up in to the 50s. That's more like East Texas winter weather. I can handle that.

I may even go outside and piddle around this afternoon.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Weather forecast 'Shitty'

Attachments

• WeatherForcastShitty.jpg
    WeatherForcastShitty.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 125

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We went from -40 last week to 0 today. Now we're in a severe weather alert for tonight with freezing rain changing to snow accumulating 10-20cms.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We went from -40 last week to 0 today. Now we're in a severe weather alert for tonight with freezing rain changing to snow accumulating 10-20cms.

Well, this storm was like a democratic presidential campaign. A lot of talk and hype leading up to it but not much action once it got here. Just a lot of wind.

Only got a couple inches of snow overnight.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
60 here today.
50 predicted high for tomorrow. Droping to 30's by 6pm and the winter storm that is heading east will hit us. 3 to 22 inches predicted. LOL Yeah, that leaves them a lot of leway ....we'll probably get 2 inches. :yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Warm (highs in the 50°'s) yesterday and today. Lots of flooding due to snow melt.

Today, it's going to go from 55° down to 15° tonight. Rain then ice then 6-10" of snow tonight.

With that drop and the ice phase, I'm going to head out and prep the generators in a little bit as I'm anticipating power outages.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Everything covered with snow last week, as low as 2F. This morning the snows all gone, raining and 59F. Then we’ll take a dive below freezing for a week and more snow. Global Warming?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a pleasant 5 days here with temps in the 50s. The rest of the weather sucked. It was cloudy, damp and drizzly but not cold. Yesterday afternoon a front blew through and I mean blew through. The wind was gusting to 50 mph, had 3 deluges that only lasted about 10 minutes and the temperature dropped from about 60°F into the 30s to the low 20s by this morning. It is a pretty looking day though, sun shining and cloudless sky. It still hasn't made it above freezing though.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess there is no sense moving to Texas to get away from freezing temps. :pat:

It was 65 here at 12:30 this afternoon. By 1:30 it was 54. Now it is down to 47. Dropping fast. Raining constant. Light wind, no gusts ....yet. Snow is expected to be here sometime after 6pm. Nice of mother nature to allow most day workers to get home before dumping on us.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice of mother nature to allow most day workers to get home before dumping on us.
Screw her. She's a bitch (but still in charge). We're screwed for the next 72 hours. Thanks Mom Bitch.

Glad you got home OK. Had same issues here.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Some areas in the state here have had flooding from all the rain on Friday. Ice jams on the rivers main culprit. It was 60F on Friday. -10F this morning. Pretty good shock to the system. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Last week we had -30 temps. Yesterday it was +4 and rain. Yes. I said RAIN in January in northern Ontario Canada. That's a first for me. All it did was make a slushy mess that froze overnight. I'm feeling the weather change. I can barely stand more than a couple minutes without losing all strength in my left leg and arm. And that's using 2 canes.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
These 60°F swings in temperature from one day to the next are making everybody around here sick, really bad colds, flu and upper respiratory infections. My wife and her sister took their 99-year old mother to the doctor last week and two days later they are all deathly sick. That doctor's office ought to be quarantined. My M-I-L is in the hospital and the other two are just holding on by their finger tips. Man, that's some really bad stuff. Me? I'm just fine so far but I suppose that it's just a matter of time. I am busy though.

The temp is basically back up to 60°F and I just want it to stay around there without all these wild fluctuations.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate that about doctors offices and hospitals. Good luck with your sick ones. Flu is deadly this year. If in doubt go to hospital.
Weather here is much warmer also. Made it to 49 yesterday, and already up to 54 today. 60 predicted for tomorrow. I know it won't last but I'll sure enjoy this nice break in the cold weather.