• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in a full on downpour which kinda sucks because we still have a foot of snow on the ground in the city. If the temperature drops below freezing tonight we'll have a good mess by morning.

4aba47d501bdb950714769d2d2a49923.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh. All the rural school buses are cancelled because of the rain. Rain and snow covered country roads dont go well together when its around the freezing mark. Our oldest has to take the rural bus as it starts out in the country then makes stops in the city.
As I said before the rain isn't a good thing when all the culverts and such are still frozen solud with ice. The water has to go somewhere. Apparently it did washing out one of the two highways that join the east half of the country to the west.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate to say this but it was almost 80°F here today with light winds. Absolutely beautiful. Of course, the weeds are sprouting like crazy and I can't get them sprayed because I am still hobbling around. I'm a lot better but still not right. I have stuff to do tomorrow morning but come mid afternoon, they DIE!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My parents just left southern texas a couple weeks ago for Yuma Arizona as according to them they had nothing but rain and colder weather in Texas most of this winter. Now they are complaining about the dust storms. Lol. Just can't win.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
64 degrees and sunny, it is so nice out. My apartment is so hot, that I have windows open and a fan going. I have had my heat shut off for more than a week now. Friday we might get a change in the weather though.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
"It is possible that a couple of the strongest storms produce an isolated tornado,” AccuWeather Storm Warning Meteorologist Brian Knopick said.

During Friday afternoon, areas from Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Indiana, to Louisville, Kentucky, will be at risk for dangerous thunderstorms.

During Friday evening, the storms will roll into Detroit, Cincinnati and Nashville, Tennessee.

The storms are likely to hit Cleveland; Huntington, West Virginia; and Knoxville, Tennessee, during the middle of the night.

By daybreak Saturday, the storms will be near Buffalo, New York; Pittsburgh and Erie, Pennsylvania; and Charleston, West Virginia.

Attachments

• accuweather.brightspotcdn.com.jpg
    accuweather.brightspotcdn.com.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Officially it hit 78F here in Columbus today. It's the warmest February day since they've been keeping records. And tomorrow it will be 30F with some nasty weather, high winds and rain.

bill w

they warned us a couple days ago about heavy snow and downright hot temps for us...man they nailed it..35 above right now,been out plowing for 8 hrs...got 12 inches on the ground fresh,and 10 to 15 more in the next cpl days. then back to -25 below..roads look like a zamboni ran down them..Bill w

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Officially it hit 78F here in Columbus today. It's the warmest February day since they've been keeping records. And tomorrow it will be 30F with some nasty weather, high winds and rain.

We're like you, swinging from one extreme to the other.

Yesterday it was about 84°F and windy. Today was cooler at 60°F. Tomorrow, we'll be lucky if it gets to 50°F. Sunday, the rain and wind move back in. No wonder people are getting sick and dying!!!!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night severe thunderstorms with lightning. Today, a little bit of everything. Sun, wind, rain, hail and snow.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I learned if the weather guessers at the TV station predict a dusting of snow during the night it will measure 2 1/2 inches the next morning! :whistling:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here in Connecticut it was 68 degrees one day. The peep frogs were peeping and then is 28 and snowing a couple days later. Making it difficult moving out of my shop to a new location.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
+9 celcius two days ago. Last night it snowed about 3" and now it's back up to +3. I hate this damp weather.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Now that's scary stuff. :biggrin:

Since the storm on Sat/Sun the weather here in East Texas has been nice. At least the temperatures have been around 80°F but the wind has been blowing 25 - 30 mph and gusting higher. It doesn't even lay down at night. I can't get anything too much done outside because the next thing on my hit list is to spray again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
speaking of Ohio-

Weather Discussion
While some rain is possible at times this morning into the afternoon, most of us will stay dry until the 6-8pm time period. That is when a strong storm system will move into Indiana and send a batch of rain and thunderstorms into West Central Ohio. The rain could fall heavily at times, and there is a low-end threat of a strong or severe thunderstorm. Winds could gust to 30 MPH this afternoon and they will remain breezy tonight.
The best threat of rain will be between 6pm and 11pm.

Through the overnight hours, a few areas of scattered light rain are possible.Thursday will be a backwards day with temperatures starting in the upper 40s near sunrise and falling into the middle 30s by dinnertime as strong northerly winds usher in much colder air. Rain will wrap around low pressure into the region late in the morning, but as temperatures continue to fall, the rain will mix with and change to snow after 3-5pm.

The snow will continue Thursday night into Friday morning with strong northerly winds holding strong. Many locations have a chance to see 1-2" of snowfall on grassy and elevated surfaces as temps drop into the low 30s by Friday morning.Friday will start windy and overcast before skies begin to clear during the afternoon. Temperatures will remain cold in the middle 40s. A big-time warm up arrives this weekend as we head into the upper 50s Saturday and lower 70s Sunday behind sunshine and southerly winds. 60s and 70s hold strong early next week as well with a chance of rain, especially Monday evening into Tuesday.
http://www.hometownstations.com/weather

Attachments

• wx1.png
    wx1.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 146
  • wx2.png
    wx2.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 148
  • wx3.jpg
    wx3.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 144

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thursday 04/06
Windy with rain and snow showers in the morning. The mix will change to rain late. High 42F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Thursday Night 04/06
Windy with periods of rain and snow in the evening turning to snow late. Low 28F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

:hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Blue skies, supposed to reach 70°F this afternoon and hardly a breath of wind, not a leaf moving on the trees.

I better go hook up the sprayer. This looks like the day that I'll finally get it done.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
35 degrees. rain and sleet and wind. Another day by the fire. First of next week spring finally arrives in the land north of the woodchucks with 75-80 degree temps. :clap::clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're finally above the freezing point at night. During the day it's been sunny and around the 13celcius mark. The snow is mostly gone now.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
+80(F) here yesterday with sunshine

+52(F) today with large hail

We had about 3 days of dry but cool weather before Sunday. There was a chance of snow Tuesday & Wednesday but it was just rain. Dried out and then we had 2 days of very welcome, but unseasonable warmth. Back to cool, dreary overcast weather again today.