• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. Looks like when you get rain, we get snow. I'm right in the middle of the blue on the map. [emoji36]

I can handle the snow. It's the temperature hanging around the freezing mark. With the liquid salt they use up here, it makes for slushy driving conditions. A sloppy mess.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was planning on just clearing the drive once tomorrow morning but decided to do it this afternoon. Good thing. It's heavy and wet. About 8" so far.
fecf62dfb0971312722e978db7768360.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Bamby

One of the things I used to enjoy the most was a walk in the woods right after a fresh snow. Everything seems so fresh and clean and untouched except for animal tracks as they go about looking for their next meal.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bahahahaha. K. My parents. My wife's parents. And my aunt and uncle are all wintering in Arizona to escape the snow. This was near them.
56d0254d228de239f5bb59d4545a77f0.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty much. Lmao.

Actually today was almost dangerous being out in the city. We got a good dump of snow a few days ago. So it coated hydro lines and tree branches with a thick layer of snow. Yesterday it rained. That snow turned to ice. Today, we had above freezing temperatures again. So those thick layers of ice began falling everywhere.
9c7fc0b4188514b1da284bcb7134181f.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're buried again. Went to bed last night it was light snow. All buses canceled this morning. Many businesses are closed. Everything within an 8 hour drive is shut down.
826be9c41024b518d9d99fca946889bc.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

bill w

loving the weather change for me.after 50 years in alaska,the wife and i moved to south alabama.right on the florida line.almost 110 degrees different than good old fbks this morning and i couldn't be happier. Bill w

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's our crap.
I think it's going to be all rain from the radar.
It should be ending by the time I leave for work this evening.
Not a biggie anyway.
I'm only 2 minutes drive from there.
20190107_143115.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my best guy-pal says it's cold, tho he is kind of this weather-wimp-- we got snow; it's not so chilly that i'd hide via my down comforter unless those winds get as loud as they got a few ago-- my guy-pal said to wear boots-- he's a baby, tho, when weather's not gleaming--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I read last week that we were in for an extreme cold spell that comes on quickly. We were sitting at -2 for 2 days then yesterday it started dropping quickly. We're now sitting at a balmy -31c.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The National Weather Service in northern Indiana came out today with its early prediction on Saturday's snow accumulation totals.

According to the northwest Ohio forecast, snow is likely to begin after 4 a.m. Saturday, with an accumulation of less than one inch possible.

During the day Saturday, however, new snow accumulation of 3-5 inches is possible. Another 1-2 inches of snow are possible in the evening hours, bringing Saturday's total to 4-7 inches.

High winds and single-digit temperatures will become factors as well. On Saturday, there will be a northeast wind of 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Temperatures Saturday night will dip to around 9 degrees.

Temperatures will continue to plummet Sunday and Monday. While both days show sunny and clear skies, the high temperature on both days will be 13 and 10, respectively. Low temperatures will dip near or below 0 degrees. Sunday night's low will be -9, while Monday's projected low is 4 degrees.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We need a WALL! I think there should be a tall wall between Ohio and Pennsylvania to stop the snow from coming our way. :)

Our forecast is about the same as PG's. My sister lives in the Rochester NY area and is planning on coming down to PA on Saturday. She better get out early as they're calling for 12-18" for Rochester starting Saturday about noon.