• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had wind, sleet, freezing rain off and on all day.
I think it's going to snow.
20181020_194535.jpg

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
90 F here, don't have a shirt on, wearing walking shorts, running the fan.
And this has been a cooler than normal October for Phoenix . . .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, well, it's rained every day for the past 10 days. I've emptied the rain gauge twice so that's at least 12 ". I've forgotten what the sun looks like.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been either raining or snowing for 3 weeks up here. We had a nice fall shaping up. One day, I was wearing shorts. 12 hours later I was looking for a winter jacket. That's how quickly the cold weather came in.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, would you look at that. Woke up this morning late after waiting for hogs to show up last night, they never did. Looked outside and not a cloud in the sky. It's a beautiful day. Supposed to get in to the low 60s. Could you ask for more? You could but likely wouldn't get it. :thumbup:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday mid 60's. Beautiful. Today mid 40's will be the high. And we are scheduled for a ride in the woods on the UTV. Brrrr

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can count on one hand the amount of nice days we've had since mid September. Getting fed up of all the rain. I'd rather have snow. Only went out hunting twice since the season opener Sept 15th.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're officially into that crap weather between fall and winter. Feels like it hasn't stopped raining since mid September. Weather is going to be a mixture of snow and rain for the next week. Temps hovering around the freezing mark.

Bamby

They are calling for a bit here in a few days. I don't mind the snow as much as all the salt they saturate the roads with. I can see your road glistening from the saltwater just waiting to cannibalize any automobile that dares to travel through.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First light winter storm over the weekend in Canada

Attachments

• 3E4C8677-A67B-4B77-A38D-5ECBBCC46A0E.jpg
    3E4C8677-A67B-4B77-A38D-5ECBBCC46A0E.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 92

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
They are calling for a bit here in a few days. I don't mind the snow as much as all the salt they saturate the roads with. I can see your road glistening from the saltwater just waiting to cannibalize any automobile that dares to travel through.
Yes. They use this new potent salt that just coats the vehicle. Rust is a neverending battle.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
A front came through last night accompanied with the usual storm and even more rain. The high for the day was actually at 6 o'clock this morning. Did I mention it was a cold front. It started off at 44°F this morning and has been going steadily down since then and the wind is blowing at 20 mph. As I write it is down to 30°F and is supposed to be 24°F by morning. For East Texas that is a major "chill". It's supposed to stay cold on Tuesday and then slowly start warming up again. It's going to be darned cold tomorrow when I'm prepping the RV for our trip to the Hill Country starting on Wednesday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a few days of -20 celcius. Sitting at 4" of snow. Just checked the weather forecast and it's calling for RAIN tomorrow. Sheesh. No wonder I could barely walk using 2 canes yesterday.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Got back from the Hill Country. Had 2 cold days, 1 cool day and 2 beautiful days. My wife took the dogs out yesterday afternoon and came back in to tell me there was water running out of the well house. Well, not quite but it seems that with all the rain we've had I forgot to open up the line that runs to the lake and it froze and broke while we were gone. I'll fix it tomorrow … or the next day. Since we've been home it's been beautiful, clear, sunny skies. It gets down to about 40°F in the morning but warms up into the high 50s during the day. Good working weather. Now where to start? It always seems that so much needs doing.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we have got nary a weather inclination-- snow one morning, then so bright & thus that i'll push my comforter, far, far away-- then rain, sleet, hail-- snow, usually, tho, during november/december/january/feburary--damn, a blizzard in march~~we have gotten those, too -- we luv boots, i'll say i must have 20 pairs, could be less-- scads of boot items, too--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wtf is happening? It's a week before Christmas and I was just outside for an hour with no jacket. It was +5 celcius earlier. We have about an inch of snow. Normally we would have close to 2 feet of snow and be about -20 Celsius.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wtf is happening? It's a week before Christmas and I was just outside for an hour with no jacket. It was +5 celcius earlier. We have about an inch of snow. Normally we would have close to 2 feet of snow and be about -20 Celsius.

Canadian eh!!!

Global Warming? :th_lmao:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we got a dusting,
(2, @ best--) tho one can look to see if that jolly 'ol santa sent us a sprinklin' to unwrap gifts to--

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
kinda chilly, looking toward snow-- we already got rain, not as they'd made things seem, tho--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We just got word of a Colorado low heading this way. Starting tomorrow evening into Friday we should be getting 15-25cm of snow. It's about time. We got a dusting yesterday.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's about time. No snow screws up the whole ecosystem down the road. I hope we get a good dumping. I have a new pair of snowshoes that I want to try. I'd been wanting a set like this for years. I finally get some and can't use them because of the lack of snow.

Remember, I grew up 3 hours north of here where we had twice the amount of snow. Average 3-4 feet of snow by now.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in for a good dumping of snow. That storm is coming pretty much straight north directly at us.
9611411aec2104001b3bc3366967875d.jpg

Canadian eh!!!